Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,367

2 members and 3,365 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: Darn this girl.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Question Darn this girl.

Well my Andromeda has not eaten in a few weeks. I have been attempting to feed her small live rats (don't even start). She doesn't take it within 10 minutes so I take it out and try again late at night after the lights in the living room have been off for a few hours. I throw the rat in and still nothing. So I give the rat to Freckles and he takes it like the "pig" he is.

The only thing I could think of that could be causing this is my humidity. The temps are perfect 88-90 Degree ambient on the warm side and around 80-83 on the cool side the cooler temps happening at night. Now my humidity on the other hand is uber low sometimes dipping into the teens I spray down the bedding and it seems to help for about a day and then the humidity drops again.

And I think this is the problem.

Notice the pegboard. Any suggestions. I know this should maybe go in the caging forum but i dunno.

So getting back to my original question. Should I try to feed her mice? Oh and she will not take thawed or fresh killed. She is a live only girl. I also noticed she has lost like 150 grams but she just pooped which looked normal.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Re: Darn this girl.

Quote Originally Posted by gozetec02
    The temps are perfect 88-90 Degree ambient on the warm side and around 80-83 on the cool side the cooler temps happening at night.
    I'm not exactly sure what this means, but those temps are far from perfect.

92-94 on the hot side, 82 - 84 on the cool side - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If she was eating rats, don't switch her to mice .... she will eat rats again once you correct your husbandry.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Darn this girl.

Those were air temps. Are those a bit low? I checked my web cam and the basking temp is right at 95. Is this ok. Should I do anything about the humidity? She always sheds in one complete piece or maybe my digital hygrometers are a bit old.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.