Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,188

1 members and 1,187 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
    Thanks

Rhp gassing question

I gave in to the hype and bought an RBI RHP on Thursday and it came today. I have it installed even though it took me awhile, do to the fact I had to put PVC on the inside top of my v400. Anyways I know RBI says as soon as it installed your ready to go. Should I wait a little bit before putting my snake back in or are they in fact safe to use immediately? I have it set to 85 hoping that will give me a floor temp of around 80. How many degrees difference do you have to set yours to in order to get your target temp? It won't even turn on right now bc my room is 86 so I might have to wait till tonight when the temp drops to figure it all out. My probe is about 4 inches from the rhp. It was the best place for me to put it without my snake messing it up.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,878 Times in 4,786 Posts
    I don't remember mine offgassing. If you're worried about it you can speed up the process by setting the t-stat higher for a while, then lower it when you're ready to put your snake back into the enclosure.

Thanks

Re: Rhp gassing question

Mine was ready to go as soon as I got it. I've had to play with the probe to get right temp. I keep one at 85 and ground is 80 Ish that's about 2 inches of the substrate. My other one I keep a little lower but keeps lower 80s Tunney barley come on.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Spikell

0.1 Pastel Firefly - star
    0.1 Axanthic (tsk) - bellis
    1.0 Pastel Pied - skittles
    0.1 GHI Mojave - lagertha

Thanks
    Mine was ready to go as well. Never had an issues. Like stated above, probe placement and settings just take some fooling to get them where you want them.
    0.1 BP - Mojave - Lexi
    1.0 Bearded Dragon - Thunder (RIP)
    0.1 Bearded Dragon - Lightning

"Now you know, and knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Thanks
    On a hot day like today it won't even turn on. The temp is dropping though but its going to be a late night for me bc I don't expect it to drop enough for at least another 2 hours. My acurite probe on top substrate is 82 and I moved the one that was underneath on the cold side heat mat to outside the hide on the ground in the center of where the rhp is and its reading 84. Since my temps are within range without a heat source I don't need to worry about the rhp being on right? Like the hot day is my heat source so I don't actually need anything running correct? I completely removed the cold heat mat since I have the rhp. I also turned on basking assist for the rhp, do you think it will help? I've hear an rhp doesn't raise air temp but objects instead, is this true? If so I feel like a probe hanging in the air wouldn't be as accurate and consistent as one that was laying on the ground. The air could be 75 but the ground could still be 82 from when the last time the rhp was on and the probe would cool down faster than the ground making the ground get hotter when the rhp kicks on again. I'm just trying to understand an rhp, its completely new to me. All my assumptions are probably wrong but I'm here to learn lol