Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,453

2 members and 3,451 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Pretty Boy Floyd

Here is a story of my week of bad decisions and nearly catastrophic ones. Recently I made the promise to wife that I would not get a new snakes for an entire year. Looking at the normal for sale outlets this was not an issue as all the prices for the snakes I wanted were out of my budget. Then I made the mistake of checking out an auction on Facebook. This particular auction has a member who has outbid me on a few snakes in the past. I saw a gorgeous coral glow male that he was going to win for much too cheap, so I did the reasonable thing and bid him up. I thought for sure there was no way this animal would go for this cheap so I went about my day. I forgot about the auction until much later that night. I went to check and what do you know my conniving made me break a promise to my wife. Damn auctions. Really it was no big deal as I really enjoy this gene and I got him for a great price.

That weekend was the local Repticon and I knew I shouldn’t go for fear of divorce, but my faith in my weak self-control prevailed. Generally the snakes at these shows are not interesting to me or overpriced. Well this time was different. A local guy had a gaggle of beautiful eastern indigo snakes, according to him his stock was purchased by Black Pearl to build theirs. He let me hold one of the larger ones he had left. Not bad for the first time seeing one of the snakes on my dream list for the first time. I passed the snake off and told him I wished they were in my price range. He thought for a second, looked at me and gave me a crazy deal on a juvenile with a hardly noticeable kink below the vent. I showed incredible self-control in the form of an abrupt good bye and nearly running out of the place.
    I introduce Pretty Boy Floyd the male coral glow Python regius.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AntTheDestroyer For This Useful Post:

GoodLookinBalls (04-08-2016),NoStepOnSnek (04-16-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    What a pretty boy indeed! AND a pretty price too. That's just too much for an addict to refuse.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Registered User GoodLookinBalls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Lovely looking boy you've got there. Don't worry, the wife will get over it.

Thanks
    Thanks you two, even with a good camera it is hard to capture how stunning this morph is. Oh she was over it pretty quickly, she is really supportive of my interests. 2.4 seems like a good number until I get to point where breeding is possible so hopefully I can keep it under control.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AntTheDestroyer For This Useful Post:

BigLou3 (04-08-2016)