I'm expanding my numbers of mice and rats to help meet the local demand and make some extra cash from doing what I'm already doing. I have some people who would like F/T and I would like to make sure I have my own stockpile of various sizes for the winter since we had some bumps in the road last winter.

Those that euth and freeze their own feeders, what's your process? I'm going to use Co2/box rig. I have all the parts I just need to assemble it and get the canister filled up. I read that you should let the rodents sit for 10 minutes to let the body pass any waste so that you have clean feeders. After this anything else? Do people rinse them so there's no pee smell to the rats from passing the waste? My thought was to freeze them on trays so that they are not touching and then once frozen put them in baggies. I recently had to buy from BigCheese because wild mice tracked something into my rodent shed and got some of them sick. Everyone is on antibiotics so I can't feed off anyone while they're on them and for for several weeks after. I noticed they have tails frozen sticking straight out which is kind of annoying for putting them in baggies to thaw out. I used to order from Layne Labs before I bred my own and they always had the tails by their side. So that's one thing I'll make sure to do. Any other tips/tricks for nicely packaged rodents? I'm just going to use freezer bags for sales to keep cost down and since I'm local they really don't need to stock up on that many months so they shouldn't get freezer burn before being consumed.