Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 516

0 members and 516 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Registered User butterz.cj411@gmail.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Brantford Paris area

Hi new to this form just a question for anyone from my local area Brant county. I just recently brought a baby female vanilla ball Python at the recent Mississauga pet expo. Beautiful and very healthy girl, it was love at first glance she is so tame and a gentle. She is currently in shed eyes cleared up but not shed yet, and fed for the first time yesterday. It was a very cool experience I have seen snakes feed before but not out of my hand (tongs). Anyway I didn't realize Boas and pythons of any kind are prohibited in my area. Question is has anyone in my local area had any problems with the law in this regard and what's the worst that could happen if someone of authority shows up at my door?
    Last edited by butterz.cj411@gmail.; 04-04-2016 at 07:01 PM.
    Butterz

Thanks

Re: Brantford Paris area

I'm a resident of Hamilton and we have some of the toughest laws regarding pets.

We can't keep snakes in excess of 3 meters and reptiles in excess of 2 meters, anything with venom is a no-no regardless of size.

It comes down to knowing your rights, you don't even have to allow the police into your house. When you let anyone into your house, you are doing it voluntarily unless they come with a warrant. I speak with anyone on my front porch, nobody is invited in. If they observe anything inside, you're screwed.
    I'm a fish guy with a girlfriend and 2 young boys who live reptiles and fish.

2015 Male Pastel Ball Python 610 grams - Damien (updated 4/24/2016)
    2013 Male Gargoyle Crested Gecko - Ethan