Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,220

0 members and 3,220 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,122
Threads: 248,564
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

My burm is not deficating unless soaked. what to do?

My male albino burm will not deficate unless i soak him in luke warm water. He just started this 3 months ago. I feed him medium f/t rats every 2 weeks just l feed the female. I first noticed it about 6 weeks ago and just soaked him and he pooed. I thought it was a one time thing. But i went in tonight to do my check and had noticed that he hadnt pooed and his area down by his vent was buldging just like last time. So i soaked him just like last time and he pooed just fine. Why is he doing this? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Re: My burm is not deficating unless soaked. what to do?

It could just be how he is, and waits longer to defecate so he ensures that he extracts every bit of liquid from feces and urates. You said you soak him when he gets "bulgy". Maybe try waiting and see what happens. 2 weeks isn't very long to not go to the bathroom. If he is truly impacted, then he would feel pretty firm to the touch in his lower end, not the usual squishiness(there goes my genius-talk again ) of a normal snake rear end. Impaction can be painful, and if he flinches when you lightly squeeze his body, coupled with the hard feel to his body, then he may be impacted. The water most likely stimulates defecation, plus, warm water relaxes muscles, especially sphincter muscles, so out comes the poo. This is probably him just growing and learning to utilize the nutrients and water available.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: My burm is not deficating unless soaked. what to do?

he get a nice buldge back there. you can see that his skin is stretched out due to the space betweent he scales. Well i guess i will just have to wait and see.