Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,248

3 members and 3,245 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Wilomn thank you for the reply and the info . I agree with trying to buy local, pretty hard to find in my area . Perhaps I'll expand the search to the next largest city and will maybe find some luck there.

Thanks

Re: Feeder rat problem . Any insight appreciated .

Quote Originally Posted by Andylee11 View Post
    Wilomn thank you for the reply and the info . I agree with trying to buy local, pretty hard to find in my area . Perhaps I'll expand the search to the next largest city and will maybe find some luck there.
    Double check facebook for reptile groups near you and post there asking about feeders. That's probably your best bet to finding local people that sell surplus for very reasonable prices.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bks2100 For This Useful Post:

Andylee11 (03-26-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    You would also be helping out your fellow herpers by letting us know who that crap came from. No one should have those sold to them. Unless maybe you raise snapping turtles.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

It dont matter that its a big company..U shld really tell who it was so others dont end up w rats lk that and time wasted.. I wld be ticked off to have my time and money wasted by that company.. Whether they make it right or not, people should kno what company is selling rats like that. I am sorry, but one cannot miss an infestation like that. That was simply ignored by the rat supplier.
    Last edited by Jeanne; 03-26-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    I kind of figured it was a given that this company would be no other then rodent pro . But incase my hints were inaccurate there it is.

Thanks

I don't think there is anything wrong with having shared the supplier. You are only providing factual information about the product you received.

That said, there have been many negative posts about Rodent Pro. I would recommend Big Cheese instead. Their packaging is far superior to RP, and the feeders are clean and appear healthy (in my experience). The orders I've gotten from RP had bedding and feces in them usually, and the packaging was sloppy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with having shared the supplier. You are only providing factual information about the product you received.

That said, there have been many negative posts about Rodent Pro. I would recommend Big Cheese instead. Their packaging is far superior to RP, and the feeders are clean and appear healthy (in my experience). The orders I've gotten from RP had bedding and feces in them usually, and the packaging was sloppy.
    That is a valid point. I've never had any other issues with RP other then this . If I ever get a email I'll let you guys know what it said . I'm doubting anything worth while will come of it but I'll least humor everyone . Oh , thank you for the recommendation I will certainly be looking into other options .
    Last edited by Andylee11; 03-26-2016 at 04:26 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andylee11 For This Useful Post:

sissysnakes (03-28-2016)

Thanks
    From what I've heard, rodent pro gets rats from many suppliers, so they aren't all from one facility that they monitor... Could make it easier to miss or have bad quality control when they may not even see all the rats they sell. I've had good luck with bigcheese and perfect prey myself.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks

I'm new to all of this and have only ordered rodents two times. First was rodent pro and the second time was big cheese. You can really see the difference in quality between the two orders. When thawed the big cheese rodents look like they were groomed. I mean they really look good and healthy. Well as healthy as you can look and be dead. On the other hand the rodent pro rodents look thin and not so healthy. Keep in mind that this was a comparison of only one order from each company and future orders may or may not yield the same results.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123