Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,353

1 members and 3,352 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Haha I was just looking at the time thinking hey why aren't you at school.

anyways, just wanted to give you a different viewpoint. I love how much you care for your animals.
    now pay attention to the teacher! 😉

Thanks

Re: EMERGENCY | My Ball Python's Scales Just Split

It was first period and we were sitting around because we switch around roles in Driver's Ed. There's a group who are doing real driving, some doing simulators, and others sit at the table and do other work. I was one of those sitting at the table. I didn't go to school yesterday because I wanted to be with Dave so I didn't have any work that I knew of so I studied a bit and found out I could go on this forum.

Now I'm typing in between assemblies. (Spring break starts tomorrow so there's a multi-cultural show that I have for three periods straight.)
    Last edited by Nixon; 03-24-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks

Hey Nixon, I've been lurking on this thread since it started. Just wanted to say I love the passion your showing for your little guy. No one really understands why I wanted a snake either so I know a little bit on how you feel. I read a thread on an aussie board about slipped skin disease (hopefully not what Dave has) and I have to say the difference between you and that owner is night and day. Don't give up hope and stay strong. You're awesome

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cron14 For This Useful Post:

Nixon (03-24-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Nixon. I saw u are from IL, where about? I am in Elgin.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bcycling For This Useful Post:

Nixon (03-24-2016)

Thanks

Thank you so much. It means a lot that you say that. I truly felt bad for the conditions Dave was living in and how he was before. He went to a bad owner to a bad owner and he stayed just as sickly. I never knew how bad he was until I took him for the first time and felt all of his ribs. You don't even need to press down to feel them, it's literally like there's no mass in him. He has gained 40 grams since I have gotten him and he's been mostly getting out urates but there was one log. I don't expect a lot of poop as he need all he can get.

But from the very beginning I made a vow to help him. If he fights, I will too. And if everyone else around me wants me to get up then I'm going to ignore them. Dave is getting so much support from you guys and it's in a pure light that he deserves to be saved. I know this passion will last. I'm so happy my dad convinced me to get a ball python. If I hadn't, I have a feeling Dave would have this disease and the owner would do nothing but wait for them to die. I told my friend who has the step dad and she told him and he said that it was probably the mouse bite.

It wasn't. Minutes after I knew the mouse bit him I saw that. The skin was visible and the scales had split open. It was there before the mouse bite. I did notice his scales were extremely loose, but I thought that was because of his thinness. It was because of something else, though.

I'm not letting this snake be mistreated any longer. And most people here wish for him to come out alive and live the rest of his years in a better home. I'll try my absolute best to make that happen. I want him to be healthy, he wants to be healthy, everyone wants to see this guy slither about with no worries.

But thank you so much. Thank you all for the support and the help. It pushes me farther than I already was. I am determined to give him a good recovery. We're all in this together, even if you guys are not present.

--

I live near Chicago.
    Last edited by Nixon; 03-24-2016 at 12:28 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Don't know how far you are from me, but there is a mobile vet that travels around, that way you wouldn't need a ride, and he is a herp vet. He is at a lot of the shows.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bcycling For This Useful Post:

Kokorobosoi (03-24-2016),Megg (03-25-2016),Nixon (03-24-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Hang in there, and good luck bringing Dave around! He's lucky to have you. I can't offer any more advice beyond what you've already gotten, but I hope you'll keep us all updated with what happens.

Also, if the vet is creeping you out, it isn't your fault for feeling creeped out. Some people are just not great at social skills and personal space, and you have every right to feel creeped out if you're a kid and some adult is being overbearing. I don't know if you're a boy or a girl, but that's an especially common experience for teenage girls unfortunately (and happens to boys sometimes too), and you don't have to be convinced that it's OK or that you're wrong to feel uncomfortable.

That said, as you know unfortunately you aren't in a position to take your snake elsewhere, so you will just have to put up with it until Dave's issues are resolved. But once the whole business is over with, you might write a letter to the vet clinic to let them know he made you feel uncomfortable.

Maybe he is just much better at dealing with animals than with people.... that being why he's a vet, not an MD.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coluber42 For This Useful Post:

cristacake (03-24-2016),Kokorobosoi (03-24-2016),Megg (03-25-2016),Nixon (03-24-2016),wolfy-hound (03-24-2016)

Thanks

Bcycling, what's the name? For now I will stick with this vet unless something happens and he gets worse or needs better treatment. But I'll keep it in mind for the future.

--

Thank you. I'll make sure Dave knows that everyone is rooting for him.

I'm a girl. He just acted very strange in general. I see what you mean, working better with animals than humans because that is me in face to face situations. I only want him to get my snake on the road to recovery. I might report on how he was a bit creepy but if he does a good job, if Dave starts healing, then I won't say anything. It'll make me happy enough to let it go. I honestly don't care what he does to me because it's what he does to the snake that matters.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nixon For This Useful Post:

das_nooblet (03-24-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

http://vetmobl.com

he really seems to know his stuff

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bcycling For This Useful Post:

cristacake (03-24-2016),Megg (03-25-2016),Nixon (03-24-2016)

Thanks

Thank you. I'll look more into it when I'm at home. Some things are blocked on the school computer.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast