Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,457

1 members and 3,456 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: EMERGENCY | My Ball Python's Scales Just Split

I wrote a note and gave it to her to hand to the vet or whoever is at the counter if he is not available.

I might. I'll get his name. He tried to make small talk with me while Dave was in critical condition.

Him: "Do you know the three names ball pythons are called?"
    Me Internally: "My snake has an open gash inches away from his head."

I'm not exactly one who speaks up. I shy away a lot which is a big problem for me.

Thanks

I am sorry to hear about Dave and am glad that you were able to take him to a vet. I will be keeping you and your snabber in my thoughts for a successful road to recovery. 😁

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk
    0.0.1 Amel Cornsnake (Solis)
    1.0 Sterling Ball Python (Alduin Jörmungandr)
    1.0 Fiance

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticMoon001 For This Useful Post:

Nixon (03-23-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    I wrote a note and gave it to her to hand to the vet or whoever is at the counter if he is not available.

I might. I'll get his name. He tried to make small talk with me while Dave was in critical condition.

Him: "Do you know the three names ball pythons are called?"
    Me Internally: "My snake has an open gash inches away from his head."

I'm not exactly one who speaks up. I shy away a lot which is a big problem for me.

Maybe he was just trying to make small talk. At least he knew something about them. You could even just call them tonight. Maybe they have a answering machine, then you could make sure they find out about your concerns. Or in the morning when they open.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yodawagon For This Useful Post:

Chkadii (07-15-2016),Nixon (03-23-2016)

Thanks

I know, but was on the bridge of crying. I am worried for my snake and he was informed my snake was in a bad position. It came off as rude to me because I have something that needs medical treatment right away and he's trying to have a tea party.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    I know, but was on the bridge of crying. I am worried for my snake and he was informed my snake was in a bad position. It came off as rude to me because I have something that needs medical treatment right away and he's trying to have a tea party.
    Try not to take it personally .... that is one tactic that doctors use to try and take your mind away from the actual situation at hand, but make no mistake that most good doctors are very good at muti-tasking, in all honesty he could probably sense that you were hurting about the situation and was only trying to lead your thoughts away from the pain he sensed you were feeling .... veterinarians especially use this tactic as most owners are at a more heightened emotional state usually when dealing with a pet because the pet unlike an ill human cannot talk back to let you know what they are feeling ... hang in there

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to T_Sauer For This Useful Post:

Ashley96 (03-27-2016),Chkadii (07-15-2016),Craiga 01453 (03-31-2017),meganmarkita15 (06-09-2016),Megg (03-25-2016),Nixon (03-23-2016),O'Mathghamhna (03-24-2016),wolfy-hound (03-24-2016)

Thanks

I was not aware of that. But I wasn't in the mood at all for small talk, nor him getting extremely close to my face. Thanks for letting me know, though.

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

I hope little Dave pulls through. I feel like he'll need tons of antibiotics and pedilight in his drinking water just so he can get nutrients in him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Solarsoldier001 For This Useful Post:

Nixon (03-24-2016)

Thanks

That was one thing I found out because Dave has been deprived of nutrients for basically his entire life he's going to need more than just mice now. I know there's supplements you can put on the mice or as you said something to put in the water. If it's slipped skin then he needs a lot more vitamin C is what I read.

Thanks
    Not that it's any better... But as a female when I needed to work with owners with seriously in need pets, it was absolutely part of my job to keep the owner calm. I've brought people coffee, chatted, hugged.... Whatever it took.

i needed them calm so I can get the info I needed, and with some animals, if the owner has a strong negative owner, so will they. It became habit. it also helps to chat, to see how much the person knows about normal care.

I didnt know know them at all. So I picked a random did you know fact.... And used the conversation to find out if I need to go get some reading material for them. Perhaps a change in diet... Anything.

As as to the getting close thing.... Many people, when upset like closeness. If all of my normal tactic didn't work I would shift closer to see if that helped. i never found it an issue, but I've always looked at least ten year younger than I actually am, so perhaps that lessons the creepiness?

It sounds like this vet knows their stuff. Rude perhaps, but competent. If it's the only herp vet around, beware alienating them.

My fingers are still crossed, and I'm hoping it isn't slipped skin.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kokorobosoi For This Useful Post:

AdrianAlexander (03-24-2016),cristacake (03-24-2016),distaff (03-24-2016),Megg (03-25-2016),Nixon (03-24-2016),T_Sauer (03-24-2016),wolfy-hound (03-24-2016)

Thanks

I can see that but I did not need to be calmed. I was fine when I entered and was ready to answer questions but the minute he started doing that it really peeved me. I was here to help my snake not to chit chat and he had such a condescending attitude that I didn't like him from the minute he spoke to me about nonsense. My train of thought was actually completely thrown off because my brain needs to stay focused on one thing and not answer questions that do not relate to it. That's just how I function. I wasn't going to jump to conclusions. I wasn't going to lash out. I can control myself in times of great crisis, especially since I've gotten a lot of information from you guys. I just couldn't handle him at that moment because I was here for Dave and only Dave. The faster he gets help, the better.

I'm not a talker either. I get to the point. I don't sugarcoat it. I don't want to sugarcoat it. When I'm focused on something I'm focused on it and it's not going to change. And when someone tries to throw me off track then I get angry. Last time I took my snake to the vet because I thought she had an intestinal problem (though she turned out healthy) the vet got straight to the point, asked me about my husbandry and checked out my snake. That's what I'm used to. That's what I want.

If I came into the vet nearly having a mental breakdown or panic attack then those questions would make sense. But I was calm, I was patient, and I was simply waiting for Dave to get treatment.

(This is great because I can access this site at my school on the craptop they give us.)
    Last edited by Nixon; 03-24-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast