Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,117

1 members and 3,116 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,132
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: EMERGENCY | My Ball Python's Scales Just Split

Nixon, you're a brave girl for fighting for that animal even against your family. You saw a glimmer of the life he could have from day one and held onto it. My good wishes go to both of you. Dave deserves the best and that's what you're giving him. You're extremely mature and you have a great heart. Show that little guy that life with humans has more to offer than torture. :')
    ������

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiA MaU For This Useful Post:

dan86 (05-12-2016),Nixon (05-18-2016)

Thanks

Oops, and for the Echo guy please, just go away, no one likes a loudmouth like you coming into a post asking for help and just saying "Just let him die!" "That's what I would do!" Well guess what bud you're not him and you're very inhumane.
    Last edited by MarkS; 05-12-2016 at 06:53 PM. Reason: removed censored language

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FallOff For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (12-03-2016),Nixon (05-18-2016)

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts

Looks like echo was permabanned already. I will admit he was entertaining in that same sort of infuriating way as really bad reality TV. Never knew what completely off the wall "advise" he was going to offer next!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lizardlicks For This Useful Post:

FallOff (05-12-2016),Nixon (05-18-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardlicks View Post
    Looks like echo was permabanned already. I will admit he was entertaining in that same sort of infuriating way as really bad reality TV. Never knew what completely off the wall "advise" he was going to offer next!
    Well that's almost a shame. I was sort of interested in his "het for something"clutch.
    But not wanting to kick this off topic, glad Dave is looking like he's on the up and up! Still crossing fingers here!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Asherah; 05-15-2016 at 11:16 PM.
    - The Grove Reptiles

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Asherah For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (12-03-2016),eveningdahlia (06-08-2016),Lizardlicks (05-16-2016),Nixon (05-18-2016)

Thanks

It was not the best to receive that message from Echo, especially it being one of the first ones. I had no knowledge on this disease and I thought at what he was getting at was that there was nothing I could do. I guess I had the feeling like that was untrue. I didn't rescue Dave to not give him a chance. I just thought, if he survived this long, then why should it stop here?

Still, we have some ways to go. Dave still needs to heal. Though he is still gaining weight, eating, etc., he is still as risk of infection because of his open gashes. Less, though, because of the scabs, but they don't cover everything. I keep putting the cream on him. Once a week I'll take him out and let him slither in my hands. He deserves love and attention, I just don't want to do it too often. I can see the day where those scabs turn to scars and his scales are fully bound over him once again. I can see it were he is the healthy weight, and in a tank full of decorations and cypress, instead of a cardboard box and paper towels. I don't want to assume he's going to make it through with no issue but I can't help it. I want to see him on that day, show him to my friend's step father who had previously owned him and show him how much of a fighter Dave was. I really want to say, "This is the warrior you gave up on. He really showed you."

Yet, I don't want to be rude... he did nothing to help Dave. He gave Dave up because he was small and a rescue from another owner who practically starved him. This poor thing had to suffer for longer because he was small? Because the man didn't know how to feed him mice, not adult rats? My friend claims he's good with snakes but then why, every time I go to their house, they're living in filth? Spot cleaning? He hasn't heard of it. I can understand not changing the bedding that often because it's expensive, but spot cleaning takes only a minute to do. It's sad. But, luckily, they're fed, and they seem to be fine, except for the ball python he has that constantly wheezes. He can build tank but he doesn't know how to clean them!

Sorry I rant on him. It's just every time I see Dave I think of what he's been through. I can remember the first time I held him and it was scary. He was so frail. He's gaining power, though. He can pick himself up. It makes me so happy to see him this way.

I hope to one day bring him to a reptile show and what not and tell about his story. I really hate to get my hopes this high but he seems to really be in good shape. I see him coming out everyday to get some heat from the heat lamp, a drink of water, or just to sit on top of the cardboard box. ... Or to fall in between the cardboard and the glass and get stuck. He's silly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nixon For This Useful Post:

Sonny1318 (08-19-2016)

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    Popping back in to ask for Dave updates and to also note that bedding is almost certainly not that expensive. I got a huge back of shredded aspen for $9 online in December, have had it for months, even used it for the litter of my chicks while they were still in their brooder (which let me tell you, those tiny guys poop A LOT), and still have over half a bag left. There is absolutely no excuse to keep animals in filth. I'm so happy you've been able to help Dave as much as you have and give him a good chance, even if he doesn't end up making it. I hope that man's other animals can find the same relief.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizardlicks For This Useful Post:

Nixon (06-18-2016)

Thanks
    Wow !! This is beautiful ! I read this thread from the beginning also !! ❤️ I really hope the best for Dave , and so happy you care&love him the way every pet/animal deserves to be loved !!
    Cant waittt for a update on Dave
    MeganMarkita&SamuelAdrien
    0.1 Beautiful Pastel ~ Elsa
    1.0 Awesome Queen Bee ~ Paulo
    0.1 Blue Nose Pitbull ~ Zoey
    1.1 Beautifully Awesome Children ~ 💕Lexi&Atoen 💕

14. The Following User Says Thank You to meganmarkita15 For This Useful Post:

Nixon (06-18-2016)

Thanks

Dave is doing well. He still seems thicker and more rounded. He's more meaty in the biggest parts of his body than the smaller parts but the nutrition will get there eventually. He got through his second shed since the incident. Unfortunately, because of the stitches, his biggest gash didn't heal correctly. It was scabbed but it was lumpy and falling apart as we speak. A lot of it came off during the shed but I helped him get off the nasty bumps because it was not a good way to heal. It would've fallen off on its own. Now he has reopened gashes but it's been a few days and they're starting to scab correctly. He has no stitches left, and his other gashes?

Well.

They look smaller. c:

I hope his bigger ones heal better this time. I know he curls up a lot, as a snake normally does, and they're bound to get wrinkly. But his bad scabs were mostly because of the stitching.

As always, he has his personality. He seems no different and his body is getting healthier. My mom just got out of surgery and we'll be visiting the vet for a check up in a week or two. He's doing fantastic. I'm going to love sharing his story because I hope, when he's all healed with the scars, that I can take him to reptile shows and of course, out of touch from kids, explain his story and show how strong this guy is. He's one in a million to me. Even with his box that he does like to hide in, he prefers to stay out and bathe in the heat while watching what's going on around him. He's adorable. I'm so glad you guys helped me with this. I'll defiantly be promoting BP.net if I talk about Dave because its all of you that got us through this.

This was one ride of emotion and it'll still continue, even when he's healed. He's only ten years old. He's got years left in him.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nixon For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Ashley96 (06-19-2016),bcr229 (06-18-2016),butterballpython (06-19-2016),Crowfingers (06-18-2016),Fazer72110 (06-18-2016),Felidae (06-21-2016),Fraido (06-19-2016),Kokorobosoi (06-18-2016),mlededee (06-20-2016),Stewart_Reptiles (06-19-2016),Wicked (06-19-2016),wolfy-hound (06-19-2016)

Thanks

Thank you for the update! I am continuing to keep you guys in my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

|Pascal ~ Pastel Banana BP | Noodle ~ Banana BP |Picasso ~ Sinaloan Milksnake |

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley96 For This Useful Post:

Nixon (06-20-2016)

Thanks
    I was wondering if we would hear more about Dave. Glad to know he is doing better. Thank you for the update and all your love and care for him
    1.0 Pastel Banana (Figaro)
    0.1 Normal (Marla)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownPolyesterShirt For This Useful Post:

Nixon (06-20-2016)

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast