Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,471

0 members and 2,471 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Thermostat and other question

Have any of you used the sct-1000 thermostat. EBay sells a ton of them cheap but you have to wire the power cord and outlet for heat device, which seems easy when watching the YouTube video. There on/off style but can be adjusted to turn on when it drops below .5 c of set temp so there wouldn't be much of a temp fluctuation. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with these.

Second question- I finally received my v400 and I want to drill holes in it for my Kane heat mat cord and temp and thermostat probes and was wondering what would be best to fill the hole around the cord.

Thanks
    I have seen those thermostats on eBay before, but don't have any experience with them. With regards to the whole needed for the cord and what not comma you could cut it in a way that the heat pad hides it. Or you could go to the hardware store and get a plastic plug and cut a little slit in it so that you put it in after the cords plugs are through.

Thanks

Re: Thermostat and other question

Quote Originally Posted by Yodawagon View Post
    Or you could go to the hardware store and get a plastic plug and cut a little slit in it so that you put it in after the cords plugs are through.
    That's what I was thinking. Either that or silicon but I want to be able to remove it easily if need be so silicon probably isn't best. I swear they use to sell cord plugs for TV/entertainment stands so it would look cleaner then just a hole in the stand but I can't find them anywhere. Probably just have to just use a rubber or plastic plug like you said and cut a slit. Probably the easiest solution.