Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,385

2 members and 3,383 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Talking Perfect Shed!!!!!

As some of you might know I recently got my first Ball around two weeks ago. Well after about one week of settling in I attemped to feed him but noticed some strange behavior. I checked on Ol' Osiris and what do you know his eyes where blue. Man was I nervous....I mean I only had him a for about a week and a half so I wasnt ready for a shed yet. So I disposed of the mouse and proceeded to boost humidity in the tank to around 60-70 hoping for the best. Observed Osiris for about five days and began to get scared all he did was hide in his.....well hide....no more exploring his tank at night not even a peek outside of his hide everynow and then. So after five days of being nervous I finally decided to see if something was seriously wrong so I removed him from his hide and sat him in the middle of the tank to see if he'd move around he did and went directly in to the larger more humid hide so I decided to wait and see what happens next well that last night my cousin spent the night and I said my snake was about to shed so he was excited he never seen a snake shed.....I said and you probably wont today its a process that the snake has to go thru and I doubt if it happens all tonite.....well I was wrong he said that night he saw Osiris moving about his tank back and forth and when he looked he thought he saw two snakes so he moved in closer and saw it was his skin. This morning I woke up and he said ur snake shed last night I said stop playin but low and behold I looked into the big hide and there was a Perfect shed head to tail eyecaps and all I was so happy my first shed went so great.......thank the snake god.

Thanks

Re: Perfect Shed!!!!!

well congrats on the whole shed!!! dont worry about not seeing it though cuz mine either shed last night while we were sleeping or today while we were at work and we didnt see a thing. it was not a fully complete shed ...but it was complete from the neck down. i didnt even noticed he did it till i noticed he went to the "restroom" and looked a second time and saw it all rolled up in his hide!!! but again congrats to you on the great shed!!!

Thanks

Re: Perfect Shed!!!!!

congrats. It is always a great feeling to have a worry free perfect shed
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp