Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,309

2 members and 3,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

My Male Hasn't Eaten in Months

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I feel that I'm in need of some assistance. My older BP, Archimedes, went off feeding back on January 19th and has once again refused feed. I always feed F/T, making sure that the rats are dry, warm, and not showing any abnormalities. The past two times, I've tried two different rats with no luck on either; he simply moves away as if they aren't there.

My younger BP, Ada, a female, eats every time without any problems. She's also eating F/T. I know that not all BPs are the same, but my oldest has gone from a great eater to a finicky one to not one at all. From my measurements, he hasn't shown any signs of weight loss; rather, he's shown fluctuations less than 10g.

My feed log for him can be found here.
    Damon, 18, VA

Balls

1.0 Het Albino (Archimedes) (752g)
    0.1 Pastel Genetic Stripe (Ada) (198g)

"Ssslipperyy Sssnaakkeee!"

Thanks
    My male normal male hasn't eaten since the first of February. Last year he didn't eat all summer and the started again around September.

This concerned me for a while but from my understanding (not supported by evidence) bps may go into fasting every now and then.

It it seems my big guy is fasting again. I still get nervous and I'm still searching for legit answers.

hate it when people ask 'what's the temp?' Or 'what's the humidity' lol

its like the fix it all answer
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.1 Clown BP
    1.1 Pastel YB BP
    1.0 Mojave Banana BP
    1.0 Coral Glow
    0.1 Leopard BP
    0.1 Leopard Pastel BP
    0.1 Firefly BP
    0.1 Super Pastel BP

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    My girl hasn't eaten since Oct or Nov. Still looks decent and is out and about late at night to destroy stuff. I wouldn't worry if its an adult, just offer him food every 2 weeks or so and eventually he will eat.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Re: My Male Hasn't Eaten in Months

My 950gr male hasn't eaten since December26th. He'd always been a pretty decent eater. I moved to offering every other week. Last sunday I thought for sure he would eat do to his activity like he was hungry. Offered his f/t rat like always and he came out and smelled all over it like any second he was going to slam it but no dice. I left the rat in his enclosure turned out the lights in the room and left him alone. Came back a couple hours to check on him and he was just out laying along side the rat. BP's are just flat out goofy sometimes.

Thanks
    People ask what the temps and humidury are because majority of the time a ball not eating is directly related to husbendry problems, its not asked for anyother reason then to make certain the balls enclosure is proper and thats not the problem with its lack of interest in food. Because its not like there's alot more wrong info on ball python care spread then whats correct, we have people join all the time asking basically the same questions and almost everytime it ended up being a problem with the enclosures heat or setup. We ask the questions we ask because they are usually the problem.

Thanks

Re: My Male Hasn't Eaten in Months

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C View Post
    People ask what the temps and humidury are because majority of the time a ball not eating is directly related to husbendry problems, its not asked for anyother reason then to make certain the balls enclosure is proper and thats not the problem with its lack of interest in food. Because its not like there's alot more wrong info on ball python care spread then whats correct, we have people join all the time asking basically the same questions and almost everytime it ended up being a problem with the enclosures heat or setup. We ask the questions we ask because they are usually the problem.
    Yeah I get it, I was just being a butt I assume temp and humidity are always established. (no pun intended )

I have to remind myself that there are a lot of new caregiver/hobbyist out there, some who like to take advice from a owner with some experience rather than a care sheet.
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.1 Clown BP
    1.1 Pastel YB BP
    1.0 Mojave Banana BP
    1.0 Coral Glow
    0.1 Leopard BP
    0.1 Leopard Pastel BP
    0.1 Firefly BP
    0.1 Super Pastel BP