Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,173

0 members and 3,173 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Selling Baby Ball Pythons

I am just wondering how some people go about selling the snakes they breed and how the make sure they go to people who will take care of them and also maybe where to or not to try and sell their snakes. I need this for future reference because I plan on breeding two of my snakes and I don't plan on keeping all of the hathlings.

(This may not have been the right place to post this)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As far as selling there are various venues here, Fauna Classified, Kingsnake.com, TRR Market Place, Morph Market, Facebook, vending at shows, wholesaling animals.

Now producing animals and finding a place to sell them is only 1 part of the equation the second part is to establish a reputation by getting involve in the reptile community and have people know who you are, if people never heard of you (and I am not talking about sales) it will be much more difficult for people to buy from you.

As far as how do you know that the animal will be well taking care off? It's a leap of faith because no matter how you gauge people you never know what will happen. Every time I sell an animal all I can do is hope for the best which I am sure happens however once they are out of my hands I no longer have any control.

I personally sell my animals online for the most part, I do not vend at show, I sell on the various places I have mentioned, in the past 2 years I have had great success in various facebook classified group, I also wholesale normals and low end single and double gene animals as well as some hets.
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

ItsAllNew2Me! (03-11-2016)

Thanks

Re: Selling Baby Ball Pythons

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    ...second part is to establish a reputation by getting involve in the reptile community and have people know who you are, if people never heard of you (and I am not talking about sales) it will be much more difficult for people to buy from you.

Sorry OP don't want to hijack but had a question to Deb's response.

Deb, can you further explain how to go about getting more involved in the reptile community? I can understand getting onto sites like this and asking questions, getting input, showing your practices, but how else should you get involved so you become known. This is not just for Deb anyone can give their opinion please. OP I hope this question helps you too . Thanks.
    The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

Albert Einstein

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllNew2Me! View Post
    Sorry OP don't want to hijack but had a question to Deb's response.

Deb, can you further explain how to go about getting more involved in the reptile community? I can understand getting onto sites like this and asking questions, getting input, showing your practices, but how else should you get involved so you become known. This is not just for Deb anyone can give their opinion please. OP I hope this question helps you too . Thanks.
    Being involved in the online community if online is where you plan on selling is very important, participating on forums makes a difference, I started being involved 2 years before I even hatched my first animal. Of course the involvement does not mean coming around and sharing pictures during breeding season and be gone once baby season is over , it mean being consistent and providing solid advice and sharing your knowledge.

Aside from that go to shows get to know people the relationships you create with other breeders is very important as well as they could be your future reference, word of mouth in this industry is very important and people tend to be a good judge of character.
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

ItsAllNew2Me! (03-11-2016),se7en (05-15-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Being involved in the online community if online is where you plan on selling is very important, participating on forums makes a difference, I started being involved 2 years before I even hatched my first animal. Of course the involvement does not mean coming around and sharing pictures during breeding season and be gone once baby season is over , it mean being consistent and providing solid advice and sharing your knowledge.

Aside from that go to shows get to know people the relationships you create with other breeders is very important as well as they could be your future reference, word of mouth in this industry is very important and people tend to be a good judge of character.
    Thank you Deb! That is what I was figuring and what I am starting to do myself. Local shows only happen a few times a year where I am at but I try to make them all. I am working to get my online presence up also in preparation and my website will be up sometime next year. Thank you for all of your advice (and not just for this thread ). OP I hope this helps you too!!
    The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

Albert Einstein