Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,292

4 members and 3,288 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    very creative! looking forward to seeing the finished piece
    For the Horde!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

Solarsoldier001 (03-03-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Lets see how it comes out.

Incredible Solar so glad I checked in ! I love it, what a neat idea to add the fresh shed. Now it has sentimental value as well as artistic. I'll keep an eye out for the finish.
    Valentine's Keeper

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopyslim For This Useful Post:

Solarsoldier001 (03-03-2016)

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

Lets see how it comes out.

Thanks. I'm trying to figure this out as I go. Hopefully it comes out good

I really don't know what I'll do next. I have some ideas. But I've never worked with shed in art before. Won't know how it comes out until I test it. But I don't really know how I can test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Solarsoldier001; 03-03-2016 at 09:13 AM.
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 995 Posts
    What are your ideas? I have some art experience I might be able to help. What is your goal for the final look? So far you look like you're off to a great start.

Thanks

Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piedlover79 View Post
    What are your ideas? I have some art experience I might be able to help. What is your goal for the final look? So far you look like you're off to a great start.
    My goal is to make it have a metallic back ground. With a abstract version of the snake. I don't really like to do realistic since to me photography is my passion in that. But I like the forms of animals with a mixture of rustic realistic in it. As soon as my copper leafs come on I'm sure it will get more and more better. But the scales I want them to be detailed and glossy looking just like my snakes are. So I was going to put some color on them but I don't want them to wash away. So I'm trying to figure out how to do that. I wondering if I should put a clear coat of glue on it and then paint it and then put the finishing glue or not.

Thanks
    I wouldn't use glue, I'd use two part resin. Copper leaf would be awesome. The resin is high shine and crystal clear.

Here is some resin and watercolor on wood that I've done:

Last edited by piedlover79; 03-03-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks

This was done with a finish glue. I thought it came out nice.

Thanks
    That's got a much nicer finish than your average glues. I'd say use it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piedlover79 View Post
    That's got a much nicer finish than your average glues. I'd say use it!
    It's not a cheap glue for sure

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast