Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,280

3 members and 3,277 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blonde Pastel?

Thanks

Re: Blonde Pastel?

Just giving you a hard time and trying to avoid visiting urbandictionary.com any more this week hehe.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks

Wink Re: Blonde Pastel?

gee....Thankx...lol

Thanks

[QUOTE=Schlyne]I just wanted to know what people's opinions were (or if they had heard of it) of the blonde pastel ball python.
    QUOTE]

Like Adam said, the original blonde pastel sire was stunning.....different looking than many other pastels. Do all of his offspring look like him?? I don't know. I don't have blonde pastel stock so my experience with them is limited.

If you decide to purchase, buy the pastel because you like it.
    Our knowledge of ball python mutations and morphs is in its infancy. The offspring of a snake tend to look like the parents but just because you have a high yellow pastel or one with nice blushing doesn't mean ALL the pastel offspring will look the same.

The following is a little rant. It is a pet peeve of mine.....I don't know if this will help you or not.

There are plenty of newbies out there that read up on every and ANY piece of information pertaining to ball pythons and the various morphs (this is a good thing). However, some of these same newbies will spout what they know as if it is fact or as if they have personal experience with the situation (this is a bad thing).
    For instance....I read or hear people (mostly newbies) saying that this line of pastel looks like_____ and throws babies that have the following characteristics:_____, _____, and_____. Lots of newbies get stuck on this. While there may be some truth to their statements, their info gets passed on as fact.
    Any breeder that has experience and is up front with their customers will tell them that certain characteristics tend to be passed on to babies. However, "pretty" pastels can throw "ugly" pastels. Pastels with lots of blushing spots can be produced from a pastel parent that was lacking blushing spots. And don't forget about the genes that the normal female is throwing into the mix.

I think we are entering a new phase of ball python breeding.......many breeders are now working to refine established morphs. A few breeders have been working to refine morphs longer than others. Will we get to the point where pastels have different appearances that breed true with reliability?
    I think so.....but we're not there yet.
    If you are interested in refining a certain characteristic then purcahse an animal that displays that quality. Better yet, purchase from a breeder that has put time into a project that you are interested in. You'll gain knowledge of the project from the breeder and shave years off your projet through the efforts of the breeder.
    So get busy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Excellent post Joe!

I heard that you're not going to make it to the big dance in August! We'll have to catch up somewhere else this year!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki

I heard that you're not going to make it to the big dance in August! We'll have to catch up somewhere else this year!

-adam
    Yeah.....I don't even want to think about all the fun I'll be missing. We'll definitely have to catch up sometime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12