Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,364

0 members and 3,364 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Blue Eye Leucitic coloration

Can anyone confirm that when it comes to Blue Eye Lucy the coloration is "typically" going to be a bit off (not 100% solid vibrant white, or has very slight remnants of a pattern)? I say it because I'm looking at one online that has a light yellowish/greenish tint to it. As well as a blue eye leucistic but is also a possible leopard.
    Number 1 is the one being labeled as a Blue Eyed Leucistic.
    Number 2 is identified as a blue eyed leucistic - possible leopard.

....Ok, so I'm having trouble putting the pics in this post.. I'm on MacBook. When I click insert image on this forum it tells me to input the URL to attach.. But the photos I want to upload are on my desktop, not a webpage.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Re: Blue Eye Leucitic coloration

Take a look on world of ball pythons. There are many combinations that make BELs.

Mojave x Mojave grey head, faint pattern
    Phantom x Lesser possibly some yellow
    Lesser x Lesser white snake
    Lesser x Mojave white snake
    Mojave x Phantom purplish snake
    White diamond white snake

many more possible

see http://www.owalreptiles.com/complexes.php

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Irken623 (02-22-2016)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It depends on the BEL depending on the mutation used to achieve that BEL coloration and may vary.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

I've also noticed that our BEL looks whitest right after a shed and when she's getting ready to shed there's a slight yellow look to her that's barely noticeable unless you're familiar with her. Even then it's only really along her spine. (She's a super lesser.)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    I personally prefer super mojaves and super fires for the little bit of pattern they can have. It's just sort of interesting and unique to me versus a pure white snake like the mojavexlesser or super lesser combos.

Thanks
    Regardless of what computer you're using, you have to upload your images somewhere online (photobucket, imgur, etc) and then insert the ling between img brackets. As for your other inquiries.. what they all said
    0.1 Mahogany Ball Python - 'Donuts'

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    here's a link to a stickie thread on how to post pix: http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...-Post-Pictures

i love the patterns/coloration that some BEL combos have esp. the Blue Eye variants. what i dislike are the yellowing (not referring to the Super Fire patterning) that some develop in adult hood and the bug eyes Lesser/Butter supers and combos may hatch with.

also i think it's really cool that some combos only exhibit patterns under black light. this might be the case for BEL Leopards.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

BPnet Senior Member Hannahshissyfix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 619 Posts
    I don't like when someone simply lists a snake as "bel" since there are some many variations and depending if you want to use it for breeding can make a huge difference. I'd ask specifically what combo it is before purchasing. And yes, many do end up with slight pattern or yellowing as they age. My super lesser has good eyes but I don't plan to create more super Lessers with my various BEL makers just because I don't like the risk or find it necessary since there are so many similar combos I like visually.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

I'm torn on the whole super lesser thing. I want the gene combination but I don't want to increase my chances of producing a snake with issues. I finally decided for this year that I was going to do Phantom/Lesser. Maybe next year I will try it but I will probably just end up going Mojave/Lesser.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLou View Post
    I don't like when someone simply lists a snake as "bel" since there are some many variations and depending if you want to use it for breeding can make a huge difference. I'd ask specifically what combo it is before purchasing. And yes, many do end up with slight pattern or yellowing as they age. My super lesser has good eyes but I don't plan to create more super Lessers with my various BEL makers just because I don't like the risk or find it necessary since there are so many similar combos I like visually.
    Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    I'm torn on the whole super lesser thing. I want the gene combination but I don't want to increase my chances of producing a snake with issues. I finally decided for this year that I was going to do Phantom/Lesser. Maybe next year I will try it but I will probably just end up going Mojave/Lesser.
    personally i would leave the whole Super Lesser/Butter breeding to someone else and if i really wanted one, i would buy it so i could pick out one that doesn't have the small eyes or bug eyes. also i'm glad my Lesser Pied came out perfect.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292