Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,204

0 members and 3,204 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Boa Adventure

Thanks

Re: Boa Adventure

A big question should I buy the Rat Hoppers lol instead of the mouse hoppers for my Boas ? I will be ordering on Sunday Night .

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

Beautiful snakes. From my reading of various threads on here, it's still debated whether mice or rats are healthier, or if there's really a difference. Some people will feed both for a variety. Boas are pretty good eaters and would likely not get stuck on one type of feeder. That said, eventually they are too big for mice to be appropriate sized. For that reason, I am feeding my snakes rats that will eventually be too large for mice.

There is a big size difference between rat hoppers and mouse hoppers. It's difficult to tell how big your snakes are based on photos, but rat hoppers sound too small. You want the feeder, when stretched out, to be the same width or slightly larger than the thickest part of the snakes body. A bulge should be visible after feeding.

I have a young female albino boa and she's on small rats, working her way toward medium.

Edit: interestingly enough, I got my girl from snakes at sunset as well. I was not impressed with their customer service - they sent me the wrong color morph of one of the snakes, and didn't answer my requests for some form of resolution to the problem. I will not buy from them again.
    Last edited by Gilligan; 02-27-2016 at 11:20 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gilligan For This Useful Post:

Lady mkrj58 (02-28-2016)

Thanks

Ouch I'm sorry you didn't get What you bought, I have had nothing but positive purchases but I do understand how Important they need to handle buyers/ customer with care because we care and trust the Vendors. I have had 4 transactions and all were flawless. Again so sorry about what happened to you.

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Beautiful snakes. From my reading of various threads on here, it's still debated whether mice or rats are healthier, or if there's really a difference. Some people will feed both for a variety. Boas are pretty good eaters and would likely not get stuck on one type of feeder. That said, eventually they are too big for mice to be appropriate sized. For that reason, I am feeding my snakes rats that will eventually be too large for mice.

There is a big size difference between rat hoppers and mouse hoppers. It's difficult to tell how big your snakes are based on photos, but rat hoppers sound too small. You want the feeder, when stretched out, to be the same width or slightly larger than the thickest part of the snakes body. A bulge should be visible after feeding.

I have a young female albino boa and she's on small rats, working her way toward medium.

Edit: interestingly enough, I got my girl from snakes at sunset as well. I was not impressed with their customer service - they sent me the wrong color morph of one of the snakes, and didn't answer my requests for some form of resolution to the problem. I will not buy from them again.
    Cool What Albino did you buy ? Our snake babies might be cousin's lol lol I would love to see a picture of yours.

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

Thank you. It could have been worse. While the snakes were cold on arrival, and not given much for heat, they all have survived and it's been like 6 months since I got them.

Mine I believe was listed as a lipstick Kahl albino. Let's see if I can upload a picture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gilligan For This Useful Post:

Lady mkrj58 (02-28-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Thank you. It could have been worse. While the snakes were cold on arrival, and not given much for heat, they all have survived and it's been like 6 months since I got them.

Mine I believe was listed as a lipstick Kahl albino. Let's see if I can upload a picture.

Yours looks just like my Quince How fun we might have siblings lol We should record and compare their growth maybe like every 2 months.

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

My boy also from the kahl line ......

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

Tonight is Mouse and Rat delight night lol I hear them calling lol lol lol I hope everyone eats their Dinner.

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

I checked, I got her in May of last year. I guess she's still kind of small for her age by some people's standards. But she seems healthy and has a good temperament. She likes gripping and climbing more than my other BCIs.

She does look like yours, though I think he has better color and contrast than my girl. I'm guessing she'll be pretty yellow when she's grown.

I would love to compare their growth. I need to weigh her, haven't in a while. She's on small rats.

Thanks

Omg every snake is looking at me like they are starving lol First the King snakes and the feeding begins.......

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast