Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,208

1 members and 3,207 guests
myah,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Wobbling after eating?

Hi my name is Jasmine and im new here. Actually i've always been here but i only lurked around lol.

So here is the question. I'm about to get a 2 month old spider bp around 2-3 weeks from now. The breeder said that he has wobbles at 'head flips' level. Its normal, so its okay. His appetite is great and he looks healthy. But what concern me is the fact that he only settle down (not wobbling) during 1-2 days after eating, and after that he start woobling again. The breeder said it happens because he's hungry.

Is it possible that he really does that because he's hungry? And if it was true should i stick to feed him every week like i supossed to or give him food everytime he looks 'hungry' (so maybe twice a week)?

Thankyouu

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    The wobble is usually brought on from stress.
    Almost anything can cause it.

What is his age, weight and your husbandry?

Thanks

Re: Wobbling after eating?

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    The wobble is usually brought on from stress.
    Almost anything can cause it.

What is his age, weight and your husbandry?
    He's not on me yet he's still with his original breeder. He's around 2 months old, and he's living in a normal suitable box made for babies (you know, the standard box, with paper towel for bedding and a bowl of water). The breeder is a trustworthy person in ballpython world in my country. He said he's in a healthy condition and has a really good appetite but has that wobble. Can stress really cause it? Because i think (right now) if he's still in his original box and still living with the original breeder he wont have that much stress since he has no change of environtment at all.

Thanks
    What does tour breeder say?

My Lady Spider does the wobble almost everytime I get in the snake room. She'd be in her hide and do her business but if I'm there out she comes and starts wobbling. When I get her out (if she is still in her hide) it would take a few seconds beford she starts wobbling around. For a 2.5kg that head swing is very hard to control so I have to be carerul. When I fed her for the first time she did not wobble at all and went for the rat the moment I dropped it. She wobbled after eating, before eating and this was only the first time I fed her so I suppose she must wobble while eating too! For her it seems to be stress as a big scaleless thing comes over her tub to look at ther must not be relaxing at all. When she is out she wants to explore so it might be a combination of stress and excitement.

Big text to say it might bot be just because he's hungry. And really, even if my snakes show signs of being hingry before their time, I dont feed them before I think its time. At two months a meal every 5 days is best to help him grow at a "normal" pace. Mine does best at 5 days while my 1yo do best on weekly meals. The bigger they get the longer they can wait.
    Fall 2015 :
    "I'll only get one" I said, cuddling a bp hatchling "See how it goes"
    Two months later :
    2 adults, 2 juveniles and 1 bci.
    "Oops"
    Next month :
    Conquering the world