Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,153

0 members and 3,153 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Exclamation My python doesn't want to eat.

I got my Ball Python almost two weeks ago and it won't eat. When I got it they told me they have been feeding him on thursdays, so thats what I tried to continue. Last thursday I got my ball python out its cage and put it in a seprete one to feed it but it wouldnt eat. It didn't even seem intrested. I tried a again today but again no luck. I'm not sure what to do, or if im doing something wrong.

Thanks
    1st off the snake should have been left alone for a week to get acclimated to its new enviroment 2.there is absolutly no reason to move him to another cage for eating all this does is cause undue stress on the snake, cage agression is a myth... And now for us to actually help we need pics of your set up, how are you heating the enclosure, how are you measuring temps and humidity and finally what are the temps and humidity, also how old and how much does the snake weigh along with what your feeding him

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M.P.C For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (01-27-2016)

Thanks

Re: My python doesn't want to eat.

Probably stressed out.
    Also if you got your snake from petco or petsmart around here my experience is they underfeed the snakes. (cousins boyfriend got a snake big enough for hoppers the petstore paperwork said they were feeding a pinky a week)
    Did you try feeding live or f/t?
    Last edited by PitOnTheProwl; 01-27-2016 at 07:14 AM. Reason: language

Thanks

Re: My python doesn't want to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C View Post
    1st off the snake should have been left alone for a week to get acclimated to its new enviroment 2.there is absolutly no reason to move him to another cage for eating all this does is cause undue stress on the snake, cage agression is a myth... And now for us to actually help we need pics of your set up, how are you heating the enclosure, how are you measuring temps and humidity and finally what are the temps and humidity, also how old and how much does the snake weigh along with what your feeding him
    If you have ever owned a burm or retic you very well know that cage aggression is no myth. What is the myth is that feeding a snake in their cage will create a cage aggressive animal. Simply feed in the enclosure, no need to separate for feeding.

Thanks
    Thats what i ment, not that it dosent exist cause i know it does. Thats my fault for bad wording thanks for clearing that up

Thanks
    Are you feeding frozen thawed? If so, have you tried just leaving the dead rat in the enclosure? This past Sunday (1/31) I got a female lesser from an expo in NY. I was going to wait a week but the breeder said they feed on Wednesdays so I went ahead and tried to feed her last night. She didn't take it at all and was even backing away from it so I left it there on the cool side of the tub. I put her hide back in the tub and she even went back in it. I didn't think she was going to eat since she went back in the hide but less than an hour later she was halfway done eating it. I also thought about feeding her in another space but I was afraid she would get stressed out from being moved. I'm no pro at this but I also thought that she would be more apt to eat if she was in her heat and humidity controlled environment.