Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,396

3 members and 3,393 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Ovulation

Thanks

Ovulation

hey everyone,

I was wondering what the time span (if that is the right word) is of an ovulation.

is it just there and then gone again or does it built up over a amount of time, if so about how long does it take from the start of an ovulation to the actual ovulation and then from the ovulation till it ends?

I am asking this as I am trying to find out if I may have missed an ovulation on one of my girls as she some swelling that just can't be food as she hasn't eaten for 4 weeks now.

(not worrying about the fact she isn't eating as she is a big 3300+ grams female)

thanks Andrew
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

BPnet Senior Member Hannahshissyfix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 619 Posts
    It only lasts about a day and then the swelling seems to go back to normal so it is easy to miss if you don't check daily. If you think she is currently then see if it goes away and she starts to shed in about 2 1/2 weeks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannahshissyfix For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (01-26-2016)

Thanks
    thanks,

I have had a pretty busy time where I didn't manage to check every BP every day (busy month at work, making days from 10 am till 10 pm and sometimes even later. I did check to see if the tubs where clean every day and change the water every other day.)

Yeah I had already thought about that shed, if she has had an ovulation, the shed should happen end of this month/ beginning of February but then again that could be right around her normal shed cycle haha....

argh the waiting game continues...

that being said, I have seen some small changes in her behaviour, where she has been laying a lot on the cooler side and in the middle of her tub she now spends most her time on the warm side and when I took her out to clean her tub she even let out a little his, which surprised me as she never has done that before in 4 years.

keeping my fingers crossed.

thanks again
    Last edited by ARBallMorphs; 01-26-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: Ovulation

Quote Originally Posted by ARBallMorphs View Post
    thanks,

I have had a pretty busy time where I didn't manage to check every BP every day (busy month at work, making days from 10 am till 10 pm and sometimes even later. I did check to see if the tubs where clean every day and change the water every other day.)

Yeah I had already thought about that shed, if she has had an ovulation, the shed should happen end of this month/ beginning of February but then again that could be right around her normal shed cycle haha....

argh the waiting game continues...

that being said, I have seen some small changes in her behaviour, where she has been laying a lot on the cooler side and in the middle of her tub she now spends most her time on the warm side and when I took her out to clean her tub she even let out a little his, which surprised me as she never has done that before in 4 years.

keeping my fingers crossed.

thanks again
    If she is staying on the hot spot now then there is a good chance you did miss the ovulation. As far as shedding goes, I actually had a girl shed twice between ovulation and laying eggs and I am certain of this as I did see the ovulation and take pictures. Best of luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (01-26-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks!

I'll keep an close eye on her and I'll keep everyone posted 😆👍

Females;

Males;
    ald

Thanks

Re: Ovulation

You can always post a pic of that big girl.
    I have seen, or maybe it was my brain messing with me, ovulation progess. I mean, like two days before I noticed she was gettin bigger in that area and not sure if tag it or not. But the ovy climax, that only last a day and there is no way not to see it.

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk