Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 880

2 members and 878 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,583
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Hybrid View

BPnet Veteran Jabberwocky Dragons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Nice rant. Absolutely untrue that you can't get stellar GSDs that cost under a thousand. People don't need to pay several months rent or mortgage for a good quality GSD that can be healthy, obedient, and loyal to death. Kennels are poor places to purchase family dogs whether it's 200 or 2k. The parents, both parents, need to live in the house and the puppies whelped in the house around people.

Champion dogs are nice but don't really mean anything except to others who show. I prefer real dogs for real people. No my GSDs don't look pretty walking in a circle in some air conditioned building. They are working dogs with actual responsibilities on a 30 acre farm. Their ability to demonstrate advanced commands, defend from a multitude of predators, be loyal to the bone, be in perfect health, and have excellent temperaments is what I and people who want good family dogs care about...not some ridiculous title from walking in a circle. My GSDs have proven to be everything we could hope for in real world conditions and that is what matters. A "champion" dog that has never truly worked a day in its life is unproven and can hardly be considered a true champion outside of the show world fantasy land.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jabberwocky Dragons For This Useful Post:

Fraido (06-26-2016)