Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,194

0 members and 3,194 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Bitten by your pet?

I was just wondering how many of you have been bitten by your snakes before. Mine (Pandora) has a lot of personality but abolutely no temper. Most snakes I've had experience with hate being touched under their head but she loves it. She also loves kisses. I guess it may be because I've been like that with her since she was really little. Now she's just little.
    i do not know what it is about you that closes
    and opens;only something in me understands
    the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
    nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
    -E.e. Cummings

Thanks

Re: Bitten by your pet?

I have been bitten by my JCP, my RTB, my Blue T. skinks my savannah monitor, and my pacman frog oh and one of my female beardies. Being bitten comes with owning herps. Now out of that list the only ones that still nibble on me are my skinks and thats out of curiosity not nastyness.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Thanks

I've been bitten by my Hogg isle boa, my male blood python, my albino cali king, and my mexican black king. My biggest bite ever was from an 8' albino burmese.

What's a pacman frog bite like? I always wondered.. and what do you have to do to provoke that response?

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

I have been bitten by my ball python and by my male irian jaya carpet python.

I went to move a plastic bottlecap before my ball slithered over it, and the reach was apparently too close and too quick toward his head for his liking. Just a quick defensive strike. Hunched back for about a minute and then went back to exploring.

The carpet python bite was during a photo shoot. I've needed to handle him more often. He's just a scared baby.

I have also been bitten by 2 of my tarantulas. One zipped out of the vial as i went to do some watering, and I couldn't get it back in the vial. It ended up being rehoused. As for the other, it started to slip off my hand, panicked and used it's fangs to try and keep from falling.

Both T bites could have been prevented. Everybody makes mistakes.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

ive been bit by what use to be my male and female ball python, by my male numerous times. i dont have either of them anymore, only my 2 BCIs
    ~Jason~

0.1 BCI-Adrian
    1.0 Burm-Homer
    1.0 Tiger Retic-Buster
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If you give up before you try, then you never really wanted it in the first place."
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v708/BCImperator11/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks

How was the T bite? I don't want to get bit/stung by my T or scorp..

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Talking Re: Bitten by your pet?

mmmmmmm.....had a red fox years ago, he tagged me the day i brought him home.he was 6 weeks old.... but i tamed him quick.

my male n. stellatus got me once, but i was messin' with him.

a juvie crested got me once, but boy was he hungry!

my usambara alllllllmost got me, i was drinkin' & bein' a goof. got her back in her cage....

last but not least, my jungle cat would bite my face to wake me to play with her....she outgrew that(after many repromands)....

Thanks

Leopard geckos and White's Tree Frogs are also quite viscious Poor Murphy, everytime I touch under his chin, he thinks it's food. Everything is food to him. It just feels like a squeegee or something trying to gum you. Hehe

Leopard Geckos on the other hand, are just cute when they bite you, accident or not. Sometimes they will get me while I'm handfeeding them. Those wax worms really get them going.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

I've been bit once by my bp when she was 6 months old(4 months ago already, wow). I had just got done giving her a rat, and after I came back from washing my hands, I wanted to point her toward her warm hide so she'd curl up and begin digesting. Apparently she didn't wanna be fussed with, so she gave me a quick snap between my knuckles on my left hand. It left two cute little fang marks and a bit of blood. I didn't feel a thing, and I'm sure if I didn't see her striking, I'd have never knew she bit me until later when I wondered where the hell those fang marks came from.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Thanks

I've been bitten by nearly every mammal I've ever had, though I don't think my bunnies or skunk ever bit me when I had them. For herps, I've been bitten by a ball python (definitely my fault) and a crested gecko (clearing dirt out of her mouth with my finger -- only knew I was bitten because I saw it). Kitten bites are worse than the bite I got from my 4' ball python, though.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast