Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,368

2 members and 3,366 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Oh man, I am LOVING this thread!
    I just got my first snake (as an adult, had a bad experience as a kid, long story) and decided on a CA as all my research pointed to boas as awesome pets but i was nervous about housing and caring for a big'un. Further, i got a male to really hedge my bets for small size, although now i am pining for a full sizer (maybe someday). His name is Irwin, IHO Steve.
    Kam, I love those pictures you posted, do you know if its a male or female? I would love my little dude to be about that size some day. Its still early on, but i freakin' love this little snake, he's super sweet, still just a tad head shy, but we're working on it. I have to admit though, as i alluded to above, i hope he doesn't stay too too small. I know they are slow growers; he'll be two years old in June and right now he about 30 inches long and a bit thicker than a garden hose at his widest point. He eats a small rat every 10 days (and i try to find the smallest of the "smalls"). I will post some pics, thought most of the ones i have right now are terrible selfies, tomorrow i will take some better ones. I would really love to get some input about his pattern etc, he was sold to me as a normal, which is fine as i didn't want to spend a lot and really am far more interested in the pet than the pattern, but i'm still curious as to what you all think.

Please keep the thread going, i am learning so much!!

My son LOVES him. He'll be 4 in June, the green thing is his pet boa.

Dude loves my ear, i was sure he was going to try and eat it at first but i think its just warm b/c he always sticks his face in there, its an "interesting" sensation. *He looks fatter than he is here, either camera distortion or he was spreading out to keep his grip my shoulder.

my dumb face and his cute one. i think around his jaw you can almost see a little bit of orange. he's got it on his belly somewhat, sort of like a Hogg(?) Breeder said his mother has it even more so.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dkatz4 For This Useful Post:

DTK (03-29-2016),EDR (03-31-2016),Kam (03-28-2016)

Thanks

Re: Central American Boas

And Chaco Moves in
    My New Boa I think you will like him Kam

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady mkrj58 For This Useful Post:

dkatz4 (03-28-2016),EDR (03-31-2016),Kam (03-28-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkatz4 View Post
    Oh man, I am LOVING this thread!
    I just got my first snake (as an adult, had a bad experience as a kid, long story) and decided on a CA as all my research pointed to boas as awesome pets but i was nervous about housing and caring for a big'un. Further, i got a male to really hedge my bets for small size, although now i am pining for a full sizer (maybe someday). His name is Irwin, IHO Steve.
    Kam, I love those pictures you posted, do you know if its a male or female? I would love my little dude to be about that size some day. Its still early on, but i freakin' love this little snake, he's super sweet, still just a tad head shy, but we're working on it. I have to admit though, as i alluded to above, i hope he doesn't stay too too small. I know they are slow growers; he'll be two years old in June and right now he about 30 inches long and a bit thicker than a garden hose at his widest point. He eats a small rat every 10 days (and i try to find the smallest of the "smalls"). I will post some pics, thought most of the ones i have right now are terrible selfies, tomorrow i will take some better ones. I would really love to get some input about his pattern etc, he was sold to me as a normal, which is fine as i didn't want to spend a lot and really am far more interested in the pet than the pattern, but i'm still curious as to what you all think.

Please keep the thread going, i am learning so much!!

My son LOVES him. He'll be 4 in June, the green thing is his pet boa.

Dude loves my ear, i was sure he was going to try and eat it at first but i think its just warm b/c he always sticks his face in there, its an "interesting" sensation. *He looks fatter than he is here, either camera distortion or he was spreading out to keep his grip my shoulder.

my dumb face and his cute one. i think around his jaw you can almost see a little bit of orange. he's got it on his belly somewhat, sort of like a Hogg(?) Breeder said his mother has it even more so.
    Yes he was a male! Sadly I went back to get him Andre had been sold!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kam For This Useful Post:

dkatz4 (03-28-2016)

Thanks

Bummer

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady mkrj58 For This Useful Post:

Kam (03-28-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lady mkrj58 View Post
    Bummer

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Right. I was like yes I am finally ready the. This happens.

Thanks

Well perhaps another one will cross your path. So I'm happy that your ready that means things are in order for you now, and Thats just Awesome. .......

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    Yes he was a male! Sadly I went back to get him Andre had been sold!
    awe, i'm sorry to hear that, man. but hey, i'll bet your resolve is even stronger now. its very encouraging to know he's a male, i mean i dont want to give my snake a complex, but i feel like a little bit of size it at least part of the boa appeal : )

Lady, Chaco looks great; those eyes! may i ask, how many snakes do you have? i ask b/c 3 weeks in and i already want another, although thats not going to happen for a while, we have a [human] baby coming this summer so i think its probably prudent to wait a bit ; )

i tried to get some more shots of Irwin, but i was only happy with this one.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dkatz4 For This Useful Post:

Kam (03-28-2016)

Thanks

Central American Boas

awe, i'm sorry to hear that, man. but hey, i'll bet your resolve is even stronger now. its very encouraging to know he's a male, i mean i dont want to give my snake a complex, but i feel like a little bit of size it at least part of the boa appeal : )

Lady, Chaco looks great; those eyes! may i ask, how many snakes do you have? i ask b/c 3 weeks in and i already want another, although thats not going to happen for a while, we have a [human] baby coming this summer so i think its probably prudent to wait a bit ; )

He looked exactly like Irwin. Now I'm jealous.
    Last edited by Kam; 03-28-2016 at 10:42 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kam For This Useful Post:

dkatz4 (03-29-2016)

Thanks

Well I have a few years on you lol
    6 King Snakes
    7 Ball Pythons
    1Blood Python
    1 Borneo Short tail Python
    3 Boas
    I love them all Im a Senior Citizen and gain great pleasure from my Snake Family. Now when I was young and having babies thinking back We could not afford Exotic Animals we could afford our children which was perfect I have some amazing Beautiful Daughters and a Grandson now Im feeling old lol When the time was right I found throughout my life my Dreams of Things just happened.. thats my story and Im sticking to it...

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady mkrj58 For This Useful Post:

dkatz4 (03-29-2016),EDR (03-31-2016),Kam (03-29-2016)

Thanks

Now I could use some help my new Boa neither Tigerhawk or I know what locale he is He thought a Dwarf because of his short snout, he's just a pet but I would like to say what he is soo all Boa Folks I could sure use your help I look at cutting-edge and Im still kinda lost.

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady mkrj58 For This Useful Post:

Kam (03-29-2016)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast