Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,196

4 members and 1,192 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,582
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Thread: New setup...

Thanks

New setup...

Just got done putting fresh bedding and adding a few things to my baby balls tank...he ate yesterday so I waited 24 hours before doing this. Humidity is much easier to maintain with the greenery as many of you have mentioned. Any thoughts on this setup? Is it cluttered enough?

Thanks
    In my amateur opinion, it looks very nice... but may not be 100% idea for the snake.

My (again, amateur) suggestions would be:

1. I would scrap that half log and get another hide like the one you have... or even two smaller hides. They like tight hides, and if both hides are identical, they don't have to choose one hide over the other one at different temperatures.

2. Maybe put some scenic paper on two or three sides of the tank. Something like you'd put around the back of a fish tank. They make desert/forest ones too... or just use some dark construction paper. That is a fairly high looking tank, so whatever you can do to make it feel "smaller" inside, will make the snake more at ease.
    0.1 BP - Mojave - Lexi
    1.0 Bearded Dragon - Thunder (RIP)
    0.1 Bearded Dragon - Lightning

"Now you know, and knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleTreeGuy For This Useful Post:

ArabianOak (01-07-2016),Megg (01-07-2016)

Thanks

Re: New setup...

I'd throw some fake ivy in there just loose for him to craw though as cover. Mine use it all the time and it's cheap to get at the dollar store. Just my two cents.

Dave
    1.0 Banana Siagi (Butters) - 1.0 GHI Chocolate Het Ghost York - 1.0 Mystic Potion Sarge - 1.0 Pied ​Maine - 1.0 Normal Tucker - 1.0 Huffman ​Lopez
    1.0 Black Pastel Mojave Yellow Belly Church - 1.0 VPI Axanthic Spider Ozpin- Butter Hypo ​Jaune

0.1 Super Black Pastel Texas - 0.1 Humble Bee CT - 0.1 Pied Carolina - 0.1 Killer Bee Sheila - 0.1 Black Pastel Ghost Pinstripe Coco - 0.1 Pastel Yang - 0.1 Spider Nora - 0.2 Lesser Huffman Pyrrha/FILSS
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly Sally - 0.1 Pastel Orange Ghost Kaikaina - 0.1 VPI Axanthic Cinder - 0.1 Banana Cinnamon Kimball - 0.1 Shatter Spider​ Octavia - 0.1 The Red Gene Lemons

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AKA Dave For This Useful Post:

ArabianOak (01-07-2016),Megg (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    That looks awesome, and BPs love it crowded. I disagree with the half log being wrong for a BP. As long as it big enough for them the get their bodies in but small enough for it to be cramped, it'll be fine. I use them in my racks for shy eaters, works like a charm.

I do agree with covering the the sides with black construction paper. Just to make it feel more secure.

It looks really good.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BCS For This Useful Post:

ArabianOak (01-07-2016)