Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,193

0 members and 3,193 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Just a pretty nomal, correct?

27 year old ball python. He's most likely wild caught, the original owner got him as a gift for graduating middle school, and he was still "small". He could be older, but the people I got him from have had him for 25 years (he's older than their son and he hasn't even gone to college yet! He's old enough to get a job, lazy snek)
    They SAY it's a he, but they bought it as a she. He went through a house fire and the vet said that it's a male because he has spurs. Considering that means nothing and how "good" people were with sexing 27 years ago I just assume he, especially with his smaller weight. Pardon the skin on the glass please, he had been shedding for over 8 months before they finally threw him at me so once I got him he went into shed and got all of the old + a new coat put on.
    He's also has skin burnt into the bottom of his water bowl from having an unregulated heat mat. Does anyone know of a good way to get it off of the glass? Vinegar was a no no. A razor blade?
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Looks like a pretty normal. Good luck with him and congrats on your new pet!
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Just a pretty nomal, correct?

Looks pretty healthy too! We don't have the privilege of seeing many senior citizen ball pythons. Lol. He seems to have a unique reduced pattern as well. Very interesting. Haha.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks
    @Albert Clark
    @wolfy-hound

Thank you! I figured he's just a normal, I really love the banding and how dark he is. And with him, my bearded dragon and the dogs I MUCH prefer old senior animals to babies. There's nothing worse than being green when it comes to taking care of an animal that's still very young, babies are less forgiving and seem to have more issues. (Except with hermit crabs, I love the babies because I get to watch them grow up! I've had them for 2 years so I don't think I'm still "green" when it comes to their care)