Hey Gang,

I bought a baby ball python a few weeks back...with your help I worked hard on the husbandry and got things in pretty good order. I like the baby ball and everything but without hurting any feelings I feel a little bored with the snake.

I am thinking about switching over to a baby green anaconda. Tomorrow there is a local reptile swap that happens twice a month (Scott Smith's All Animal Expo at the DuPage County Fairgrounds in Wheaton IL). Odds are good I will be able to pick up a baby green anaconda.

I'm thinking about bringing the baby ball with me and giving it to one of the vendors for free as I only want to have one snake. I figure that would ensure a good home.

I'm hoping to get some additional advice before I make this move...Here are my questions...

1. I'm assuming the baby green anaconda will grow much much faster than the baby ball...how much faster?

2. I'm assuming the baby green anaconda will be a little bit more active and feisty than the baby ball...do they move around more, are they much more feisty in general? How would someone compare from owning both?

3. Being a snake that swims and lives in a more humid climate, I am assuming I will need a small water area for the snake to swim when needed...I have also read I need to get a higher humidity for the green anaconda and slightly hotter temps...any thoughts on this?

Anything else I need to know...is this a good idea/bad idea etc...Again, not trying to disrespect the baby ball, just want something with a little bit more character and action...