Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,199

0 members and 3,199 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Types of water bowls for larger BP?

Hello all,

Sorry I haven't been as active here lately. Work has been taking up much of my time these days.

I have a question regarding largest BP and water bowls. What do you guys with larger BP so to keep them from moving/tipping over water bowls? What bowls would you recommend?

My current collection is 22 strong and I have a few of my larger girls who are constantly knocking over bowls and getting water EVERYWHERE. I was thinking of getting freedom breeder tubs, but it seems that their sizes aren't compatible with m my racks from AP Cages. I am currently using two 15/32qt racks (1753 models).

Any input would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPAMTASTICO!
    Thanks
    My current collection is 22 strong

Thanks
    Thanked 9,863 Times in 4,780 Posts
    Dollar Tree / Dollar Store dog water bowls. They're wider at the bottom than the top so they don't tip easily.
    For smaller tubs:
    https://www.dollartree.com/Melamine-...3610/index.pro

For larger tubs:
    https://www.dollartree.com/household...1932/index.pro

Thanks

Re: Types of water bowls for larger BP?

I use those dollar tree dishes in my tubs and they work great. For the display animals I wanted something that looked nicer so I picked some of these up.

They work well and even my biggest girls have yet to tip them over. Plus I can throw them in the dishwasher.

Dave
    1.0 Banana Siagi (Butters) - 1.0 GHI Chocolate Het Ghost York - 1.0 Mystic Potion Sarge - 1.0 Pied ​Maine - 1.0 Normal Tucker - 1.0 Huffman ​Lopez
    1.0 Black Pastel Mojave Yellow Belly Church - 1.0 VPI Axanthic Spider Ozpin- Butter Hypo ​Jaune

0.1 Super Black Pastel Texas - 0.1 Humble Bee CT - 0.1 Pied Carolina - 0.1 Killer Bee Sheila - 0.1 Black Pastel Ghost Pinstripe Coco - 0.1 Pastel Yang - 0.1 Spider Nora - 0.2 Lesser Huffman Pyrrha/FILSS
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly Sally - 0.1 Pastel Orange Ghost Kaikaina - 0.1 VPI Axanthic Cinder - 0.1 Banana Cinnamon Kimball - 0.1 Shatter Spider​ Octavia - 0.1 The Red Gene Lemons

Thanks

+1 on the dollar tree bowls that flare out at the bottom. The only issue with the ones i have is the rubber ring on the bottom has a really strong manufacturing scent so i took them off to off gas. It has been a few weeks and they still smell strong. Other than that they are really cheap. The usually have other things too so check the dish section also. I found some really heavy ceramic bowls one time that came in all kinds of colors which i think would be great for big girls.

FYI the bowls I found are metal
    Last edited by ItsAllNew2Me!; 12-30-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

I have also found heart shaped clear glass candy dishes at the dollar store. They are about 2 inches deep and maybe would be 5 X 6 in size. I have never had a snake flip one because the odd shape and heavy weight prevent it and they clean up nice in the dishwasher. You can see one in this picture.

[IMG][/IMG]

During breeding season I swap out a round ceramic dog dish for the females so they can bowl wrap better.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by rlditmars; 12-30-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks

you could glue your water bowls to the cage bottom and use a plastic insert for the water.

Thanks
    I like target clearance. When they change their product lines they clearance out the old stuff for pretty cheap. The bowls are usually pretty heavy and we'll made. My snake has a nicer bowl then mine are.