Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,392

3 members and 3,389 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Lesser Huffman???

This is kind of a cross post, so Admins feel free to delete it if you need to. I thought the question would get more traffic here.

I came across this snake at a local store. They owner and the breeder both say she's probably a Lesser Huffman. She came out of a Huffman Group, but I have not seen the parent snakes. She has all the traits that I'd expect out of a Huffman...wonky pattern, bright colors, and darker areas with nice blushing. They have her listed at $129 because they are just not 100% sure she's Huffman. They're pretty sure though. So there it is. Do I jump on this or not? If you can help me confirm or deny the genetics by the pictures that'd be great. She's much brighter than in the photos, and she's going into shed so that does not help. But she does match a pic on WOBP.

Thanks in advance. For those that already answered in the other thread, thanks for that.

Dave
    1.0 Banana Siagi (Butters) - 1.0 GHI Chocolate Het Ghost York - 1.0 Mystic Potion Sarge - 1.0 Pied ​Maine - 1.0 Normal Tucker - 1.0 Huffman ​Lopez
    1.0 Black Pastel Mojave Yellow Belly Church - 1.0 VPI Axanthic Spider Ozpin- Butter Hypo ​Jaune

0.1 Super Black Pastel Texas - 0.1 Humble Bee CT - 0.1 Pied Carolina - 0.1 Killer Bee Sheila - 0.1 Black Pastel Ghost Pinstripe Coco - 0.1 Pastel Yang - 0.1 Spider Nora - 0.2 Lesser Huffman Pyrrha/FILSS
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly Sally - 0.1 Pastel Orange Ghost Kaikaina - 0.1 VPI Axanthic Cinder - 0.1 Banana Cinnamon Kimball - 0.1 Shatter Spider​ Octavia - 0.1 The Red Gene Lemons

Thanks

Re: Lesser Huffman???

Completely up to you, just depends on how much you want to add huffman into your breeding plans. Personally I prefer HRA but huffman does make nice combos too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aalomon View Post
    Completely up to you, just depends on how much you want to add huffman into your breeding plans. Personally I prefer HRA but huffman does make nice combos too.
    Is that a yes then? You see Huffman here?

Dave
    1.0 Banana Siagi (Butters) - 1.0 GHI Chocolate Het Ghost York - 1.0 Mystic Potion Sarge - 1.0 Pied ​Maine - 1.0 Normal Tucker - 1.0 Huffman ​Lopez
    1.0 Black Pastel Mojave Yellow Belly Church - 1.0 VPI Axanthic Spider Ozpin- Butter Hypo ​Jaune

0.1 Super Black Pastel Texas - 0.1 Humble Bee CT - 0.1 Pied Carolina - 0.1 Killer Bee Sheila - 0.1 Black Pastel Ghost Pinstripe Coco - 0.1 Pastel Yang - 0.1 Spider Nora - 0.2 Lesser Huffman Pyrrha/FILSS
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly Sally - 0.1 Pastel Orange Ghost Kaikaina - 0.1 VPI Axanthic Cinder - 0.1 Banana Cinnamon Kimball - 0.1 Shatter Spider​ Octavia - 0.1 The Red Gene Lemons

Thanks

Im not confident enough to say either way. Id treat it the same as a possible het personally.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    tough crowd. i don't think we have enough peeps on who've worked with the Huffman gene.

maybe use the forum search engine for Huffman and PM someone who has worked with it is my next best guess.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

So I emailed a few well known breeders that have been working with the Huffman gene and the consensus is that she is probably Lesser Huffman. This is without seeing the parents and by the crappy pics. Can't say I blame them for not giving a definitive answer, but it is encouraging. I'll put up a post shed pic if I can get one. Might as well put a deposit on her anyway. Like some have said, worst case is that I have a really nice Lesser girl at a good price. Best case is that I have a newish gene to start working with. Need a Lesser anyway for my BEL project, but a Huffman BEL would be super cool!

Dave

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AKA Dave For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (12-17-2015)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Just do it.
    You already know you are going to buy her.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    Just do it.
    You already know you are going to buy her.
    Well...yeah. That's the "put the deposit" on her part. I'm in the process of selling my 0.1 Bumble Bee to make room for her. I can do with one less Spider gene in the collection.

Dave

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKA Dave View Post
    Well...yeah. That's the "put the deposit" on her part. I'm in the process of selling my 0.1 Bumble Bee to make room for her. I can do with one less Spider gene in the collection.

Dave

Since you have a killer bee, I think that's not a bad choice.
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post
    Since you have a killer bee, I think that's not a bad choice.
    And a Humble Bee....and a Spider. Yeah, I can let one go. I'd let the Spider go, but that's the snake my eldest has claimed as her own.

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast