Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,925

2 members and 2,923 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Monty soaking again ?

So Monty is back in his water dish this morning. I am going to leave him be for today to see what he does. Now he DID have mites a few weeks back but I was pretty certain I got rid of them all. There have been no signs since. I checked him out with a flash light this morning and I can see no mites on home or any dead ones in the water dish.

I did feed him last night and he has not pooped for a couple of weeks. I am just wondering if he is soaking to help the pooping process ?

What at are your thoughts ? Is it worth treating him at this stage as a precaution or should I wait ?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    i remember u treating Monty with Natural Chemistry Reptile Spray. that's good. i also remember u threw out his old substrate, put him on paper towel until he was treated and mite free. did you also spray and wipe down his whole enclosure?

i would wait to see if this is a daily thing or pattern. in the mean time, i would order Provent-A-Mite (PAM). if he is still behaving like he has mites and u don't see it, i would repeat the whole treatment process for extra measure and his comfort. this time treat his enclosure with PAM and repeat that once a week for a month.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Re: Monty soaking again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i remember u treating Monty with Natural Chemistry Reptile Spray. that's good. i also remember u threw out his old substrate, put him on paper towel until he was treated and mite free. did you also spray and wipe down his whole enclosure?

i would wait to see if this is a daily thing or pattern. in the mean time, i would order Provent-A-Mite (PAM). if he is still behaving like he has mites and u don't see it, i would repeat the whole treatment process for extra measure and his comfort. this time treat his enclosure with PAM and repeat that once a week for a month.
    I agree with this completely. Besides, treating the enclosure every once in a while with PAM will give you some peace of mind and help you remain mite free.

Thanks
    Thanks both. I will see what he is up to tonight. If he is still in then I will start treating him again. I do have PAM but I never used it. My only comment would be its been about a month since I he was Mite Free (or at least thought to be) would it take that long for a repeat occurrence assuming that I missed some?

Thanks
    i believe mites have a 30 day life cycle. u are still in that window or i would assume u missed a few mites or eggs.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Thanks

They do have a 30 day cycle, so it can appear to be mite free, then BAM mites again because the eggs hatches. I'd use the PAM and treat again, then continue using the PAM once a week for a month the once a month for a while just to be sure.

Thanks
    Ok - Will treat tonight with the snake spray and get rid of substrate. Spray the cage with PAM. Put him back (after its safe to do so)and repeat once a week.

Thanks

That sounds about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    My son called and said he had burrowed under the water bowl, I noticed this behavior lately , so maybe he just needs another small hide.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyRS6 View Post
    My son called and said he had burrowed under the water bowl, I noticed this behavior lately , so maybe he just needs another small hide.
    great observation!

yes, he sounds like he's feeling a little insecure. he needs to feel his body touching the walls of something, a tight spot. a smaller hide would help.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast