Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,188

1 members and 3,187 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Breeding Bee combos?

How come you never hear about people breeding multi gene bee combos together, such as a Queenbee and a Pewterbee? Is there ANYBODY out there with 1st hand experience or evidence of clutches produced? Inquiring minds want to know......

Thanks
    Well, I have a queenbee and next breeding season when she is up to size I am hoping to queen spins. Bee combos are just spiders added into the combo which is actually very common.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Re: Breeding Bee combos?

I wish I could help here but I do not deal with spiders it makes some real neat combos but has the wobble issue so I have not tried to breed any as of yet
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Thanks

People don't breed Spider x Spider because it's a dominant gene, so you can't get super spiders. It's like breeding a Pinstripe x Pinstripe. The same dominant genes aren't paired together too often. Also I believe the rumor that Spider x Spider is lethal scares people away. I didn't know it wasn't lethal until last year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxygirl View Post
    People don't breed Spider x Spider because it's a dominant gene, so you can't get super spiders. It's like breeding a Pinstripe x Pinstripe. The same dominant genes aren't paired together too often. Also I believe the rumor that Spider x Spider is lethal scares people away. I didn't know it wasn't lethal until last year.
    Spider x spider is only suspected to be lethal which is why they classify spider as an unproven dominant. There is no proof however of the spider x spider being lethal.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    but clutches with eggs rotting around day 20. So no one ant to take a chance at a 25%possible lethal.
    1.0 superstripe, killerbee, OD spider fire, black pastel YB, black specter, pastel dinker, spider dinker, banana, banana cinnamon, enchi fire OD, fire dream bee het. russo, pastel superstripe, 2.0 firefly dream YB.

0.2 superpastel yb, 0.2 enchi, 0.1 yellowbelly 0.2 cinnamon, 0.2 normal, 0.1 black widow, black pewter, fire, lemon pastel, pastel, black pastel, bumblebee, spider granite, het. russo, super pastel, pastel specter, specter,lesser pin, OD, fire OD, OD fire het. russo, OD pastel, firefly dream YB, fire bee het. russo, lemon pastel enchi, citrus super enchi, super pastel enchi, pastel ivory, bumblebee dinker

7. The Following User Says Thank You to darkranger69 For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (11-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    There is quite a bit to point at super spider being lethal, just nothing rock solid. champ x champ lethal, spider x champ lethal, and the spider x wobble morphs that get a more severe wobble. I don't think it would be illogical to assume spider x spider would be the absolute worst off of them all, given how it seems to be the most severe in the heterozygous form out of all the wobble morphs. Also scatter reports of more than expected slugs, a couple white snakes hatching and less than expect hatch rates, which I even experienced myself....

I did spider x spider last year, lost 1 out of 4 eggs partway through
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...Spider-results
    I decided to keep my spider female and breed her to a spider morph every year for now on, just to keep adding clutch data. This year will be a hypo spinner

Also don't throw pin into this convo, both bhb and evan stahl have proved out super pins. I hope to do the same in a year or so, babies are growing up now from this clutch. 8 out of 8 eggs hatched with no issue.
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...ake-super-pins

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

bigSAK (01-25-2016),kristiekristiel (11-28-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    There is quite a bit to point at super spider being lethal, just nothing rock solid. champ x champ lethal, spider x champ lethal, and the spider x wobble morphs that get a more severe wobble. I don't think it would be illogical to assume spider x spider would be the absolute worst off of them all, given how it seems to be the most severe in the heterozygous form out of all the wobble morphs. Also scatter reports of more than expected slugs, a couple white snakes hatching and less than expect hatch rates, which I even experienced myself....

I did spider x spider last year, lost 1 out of 4 eggs partway through
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...Spider-results
    I decided to keep my spider female and breed her to a spider morph every year for now on, just to keep adding clutch data. This year will be a hypo spinner

Also don't throw pin into this convo, both bhb and evan stahl have proved out super pins. I hope to do the same in a year or so, babies are growing up now from this clutch. 8 out of 8 eggs hatched with no issue.
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...ake-super-pins
    Like you said, I don't think it's explored enough to really say, but after talking to many breeders who breed Spider x Spider with no unusual results, I wouldn't be afraid to try it. I might do it this season. There was someone else on this site also doing some Spider x Spider breedings that I'm interested in seeing the results of. You have a link to "a couple white snakes hatching"? I thought it was only one that started the rumor.

If Pinstripe is co-dom people probably don't breed Pin x Pin too often because you can't tell visually that you've created the Super... Same with spider.

Thanks

Every gene should have the potential to have a homozygous form, so I don't know why more people don't try to prove it out. I guess it's because of the lack of visual difference between heterozygous and homozygous forms in certain genes.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxygirl View Post
    Like you said, I don't think it's explored enough to really say, but after talking to many breeders who breed Spider x Spider with no unusual results, I wouldn't be afraid to try it. I might do it this season. There was someone else on this site also doing some Spider x Spider breedings that I'm interested in seeing the results of. You have a link to "a couple white snakes hatching"? I thought it was only one that started the rumor.

If Pinstripe is co-dom people probably don't breed Pin x Pin too often because you can't tell visually that you've created the Super... Same with spider.
    IMO if you look at what other wobble genes combos make, why would you expect a viable super spider? Again there is no hard proof, which is why I will keep breeding spider to spider every year to give more data. I love how this gene has been around for years but yet there is less data on it than just about everything else. I'll put on my tin foil hat and keep breeding them.

Pinstripe according to bhb and Evan is not co-dom, it is a true dominant gene. Which means it looks the same in heterozygous or homozygous form.

My pairing is kind of screwy to really classify it, all of them are 50% het hypo, which anyone will tell you can show through. Then I also have a dinker gene I am trying to make something happen with, so my pairing about the worst example of classifying pinstripe. Some look like normal pins and lemonblast, some have some high blushing, then some have ridiculously blushed out patterns. Bad clutch to classify a single gene. However I still can prove out super pins. Statistically o should have 2... We shall see in a few years.

I can link to one of the white snakes when I'm not on my phone, other one I saw I have never been able to find since I originally saw it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

kristiekristiel (11-28-2015)

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast