Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,057

1 members and 3,056 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,122
Threads: 248,564
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455
    Thanks
    I was wondering if there was such a thing as a humidty thermostat, like if the tank gets below 50% then it kicks the humidifier on. Is there a product like this?

I am trying to get everything so i don't have to constantly mess with settings. I want the temp to regulate itself(thermostat) and i would love for the humidity to be able to do the same, this way all i have to do is fill the water in the huimidifier now and then and spend the rest of the time enjoying my BP. is there machine to clean the cage for me too :lol: .

Oh and rather then making another post out of this i was talking to my vet ant he suggested that when i clean the cage that i use a bleach mixture and clean the whole cage and all the things(climbs,hide ect) in it as well. i had a few concerns with this, first is that if i use the bleach mixture that it will take the color out of the things like her hide box and such that were made to have the wood finish. And more importantly is this really ok for the snake? Granted i would rinse it with fresh water after give it the once over with bleach but it just seem dangerous to use such a serious chemical on a reptile cage. What do some of you guys use to when it comes time for a full cleaning of cages??

Thanks
    Hi DrEwTIMe

God question. Been thinking along those lines myself. A humidity thermostat would be really nice
    Have a nice day

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts
    High quality humidifiers have devices like that built in. The console humidifiers that I run kick on at a pre-configured level and off when they humidity in the room reaches that level. I've never seen a stand-alone unit that works in this way though.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks
    well, i don't have any experience yet... but i just found somethin that might help ya w/ your cleaning question

http://www.mgreptiles.com/VIROSAN.html

i also heard about using a weak diluted bleach solution.
    -Pete

0.0.1BP - Trigger
    My Gallery
    www.cheapbastidracing.com

Thanks
    I am my own thermostat, me and my spray bottle get the job done

Same with heating pads, dont have any thermostats for those either, i adjust them myself, but i do plan on buying some in the future
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    Nothing is wrong with bleach, just be sure to rinse it well. Cheaper than virosan, and works the same except that you can't spray it on the animal... Virosan is good since you can spray it on cuts and abrasions, and also use it to clean the cage, no rinsing involved.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks
    LOL i just realized what virosan was..thats one of the things that the vet gave me to soak my snake in to sure scale rot Never knew i could use this to clean the tank. Thanks for the help.

Adam- Can you give me the information about what kind you use, i would really like to have one with "set it and forget it" type features. I dont care if its kinda expensive it jst makes my snake that much safer.

Oh and does anyone else have well water here? I have had humidifiers break because of the sediment tht builds up since the water is so hard.
    0.1.0 BP { NyXx }