Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,353

2 members and 3,351 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Making a cheap rack

I'm checking how i could make a rack for hold 41qts tubs without spending a fortune.
    This is being done my many people but a lot of the threads I found do not have pictures or they are not available anymore...

I found this setup that I find really great (http://blueappleherps.com/page13/pag...structions.pdf) and would like to know if anyone here tried it ? without heating and tubs it would cost about 135$ which would be really great to start.

Also, I cannot seem to find Sintra where I am so wondering what I could use instead ?
    Fall 2015 :
    "I'll only get one" I said, cuddling a bp hatchling "See how it goes"
    Two months later :
    2 adults, 2 juveniles and 1 bci.
    "Oops"
    Next month :
    Conquering the world

Thanks
    That is a nice and easy build, I need to see if I can find some Sintra around here and make me another rack. I'm running out of room and I am expecting to have a few clutches to hatch in the next few months as I am getting some locks on 6 of my 9 girls so far. I gotta have another rack to put all the babies in.

Jayare
    BP MALES:
    Bumblebee (Zeus), Phantom (Menace), Normal (Salazar), Lesser (Lester), Pastel het Albino (Hagar), Mystic, Pastel het Clown (Bozo), 2 Yellow Belly, Enchi, Lesser Leopard, Banana Pinstripe, Pastel, Champagne, Chocolate Mojave het Hypo, Yellow Belly het Clown
    BP FEMALES:
    2 Pastel het Pied (Medusa)(Matilda), 2 Pastel het Albino (Helga & Hootie Hoo), Lesser, Cinnamon (Sindee), Spotnose (Sassy), Pastel, 3 Normals (Chloe, Big Moma), Mystic, Enchi het Ghost, Specter, het Clown, Pied, Pastel 66% het Pied, Bumblebee, Chocolate het Hypo

2 2018 hatchlings - Superstripe, Spector

1.0 Bearded Dragon (Gollum) and 5.8 Leopard Geckos
    1.0 Yellow Lab (Moose)
    0.1 Black Lab (Alyeska)
    1.0 Chocolate Lab (Bear)

Thanks

Update!

I made the thing! It cost me a total of about 130$ (withotu heating and gadgets)
    I did not check exactly how much but I did try to go for cheapest... and it did cost 20$ to have everything cut to size.
    I also took 1/2" pine wood instead of Sintra and forgot to make adjustments with everything else... so one side is wobbly, a few shims should correct that, hopefully.

So here is the rack!

On top is my Gargoyle Gecko that I need to monitor since he does not seem to eat... he'll go back to his tank eventually.

And the babies (why not):

Ceasar

Otohime
    Fall 2015 :
    "I'll only get one" I said, cuddling a bp hatchling "See how it goes"
    Two months later :
    2 adults, 2 juveniles and 1 bci.
    "Oops"
    Next month :
    Conquering the world