Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,318

2 members and 3,316 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Pittuophis catefiner affinis

I didn't have my glasses on at the time, but I did stop, and am pretty certain of the ID (at least the Pitt part).

Found a dead Pittuophis catefiner affinis by the side of the road while walking the dogs this morning. I walk this route every morning; it is new...but, its been COLD here! I don't get that. Longer and considerably heavier than my King hatchlings, it was still obviously young. Head was crushed, but otherwise, in good shape. If it is still there tomorrow, I'll bag it and bring it home for the road-kill "museum."

Sad for the snake.
    Last edited by distaff; 11-01-2015 at 03:04 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Brought the snake home. I still think it is P.c. affinis. The chain markings are a uniform tan and brown from head to tail. The only black is small tickings down the sides. Our location matches its natural distribution.

Stinky.
    I'm going to have to find an out of the way place outside to stash it until it dries out. BF is not going to appreciate a dead snake layed out on the shelves next to the front door.

The thing still gave me a fright while emptying the bag. I don't think I'll ever get over my fear of wild snakes. Too bad. I know a lot of people like the Pitts as captives.