Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,269

5 members and 3,264 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clutch ID help

Thanks

Clutch ID help

Hi there,
    I have a just hatched a clutch from a fire x vanilla pastel pairing, I think I'm right with what I have identified but second opinions are welcome as I could be wrong

Normal (lovely bright orange sides and head stamp)

Normal, nice dark one

This one I can't decide on fire or vanilla, I'm leaning towards fire

Firefly (left), vanilla scream (right)

Any help or confirmation appreciated

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkDragons For This Useful Post:

ECechoHO (10-27-2015),nightwolfsnow (10-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: Clutch ID help

The lighting is almost over exposing them and it's difficult to see the true colors. Can you do a couple pics with and without a flash? Based on what you posted I agree with everything except the first normal. It looks like it may be Vanilla but again the lighting makes it tough.

Thanks
    I agree with rlditmars, the lighting makes it rather difficult to identify these guys; it almost makes them all look shiny. Although I do love the blushed out head of the guy in the last picture.

If you could post more pics, I'd be able to help better!
    I've got quite a few...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i don t agree with you on the last picture. what i see doesn t fit your pairing but for me you have on the left firefly or pastel vanilla and on the right super pastel vanilla or superfly
    1.0 superstripe, killerbee, OD spider fire, black pastel YB, black specter, pastel dinker, spider dinker, banana, banana cinnamon, enchi fire OD, fire dream bee het. russo, pastel superstripe, 2.0 firefly dream YB.

0.2 superpastel yb, 0.2 enchi, 0.1 yellowbelly 0.2 cinnamon, 0.2 normal, 0.1 black widow, black pewter, fire, lemon pastel, pastel, black pastel, bumblebee, spider granite, het. russo, super pastel, pastel specter, specter,lesser pin, OD, fire OD, OD fire het. russo, OD pastel, firefly dream YB, fire bee het. russo, lemon pastel enchi, citrus super enchi, super pastel enchi, pastel ivory, bumblebee dinker

Thanks
    Hi there,
    Thanks for your replies the photos were taken in sunlight without flash, the sun disappeared for the last photo lol. I cannot get a super pastel vanilla or superfly from the pairing, but I can get fireflies and vanilla screams from the pairing. The pairing was fire x vanilla pastel, both the babies in the last pic are very light, with the one on the right being much lighter than the other. I will post more photos, but i may wait til after they shed so they're not as shiny again thanks for your input.

Thanks
    Here's one just after they all came out the eggs, the lighting isn't the best as it was night time and the brightest light in my house is in the bathroom. The middle snake and top 3 snakes have really lightened up over the past 6 days.

Thanks
    Just took some more, the light isn't on my side and they've al gone into shed bar one!

the bright normal, can't really see it's head stamp due to the light (in shed)

in shed too

in shed

not in shed, fire or vanilla

in shed

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: Clutch ID help

That's the trouble with natural lighting this time of year. The sun doesn't get very high so the side is over exposed and there is shadowing. Probably should wait until after they've all shed and then take some fresh pics in the brightest light in your house. Take the shade off a lamp if you have to and have someone hold it above the animals. Also, I still think there is a chance the one lighter normal may be Vanilla. It would help to have a pic of both side by side once they shed or even one with both normals and the fire/vanilla side by side for comparison.

Thanks
    I'll take some more after they have shed and put the normals and the fire/vanilla together and make sure I have good lighting thanks again

Banned
    Thanks
    nice looking snakes... i see the word "Hi" on the first one..!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast