Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,136

2 members and 3,134 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Resin rack and heat tape help

A while ago I opted for making a resin rack instead of melamine. It was cheaper and easier to put together. It is also something we can pull apart in case of a move or room switch around. The rack actually looks and works very well the only problem is nothing sticks to it! (If you guys are wondering what a resin rack is, its those plastic racks people use to sort out people's garage, just with the posts cut down to size. Just google it, you'll know what I am talking about). I use foil tape to stick down my heat tape to the bottom. I do this with my melamine racks and that works just fine, no issues. But as I pull open and close the tubs on the resin rack, the heat tape peels off and my heat tape ends up being pushed off. This really sucks as every couple of days I have to pull out the heavy rack and fix it. The rack is eight feet tall and has nine bins in it with nine adult females... that's a lot of weight to be pulling out every couple of days... I am woman and a weak one.

I was hoping you guys could help me with a solution. I did try duct tape but it makes the bins hard to move and eventually the corners of the tape stick to the bottom of the tubs... and yea. My husband suggested large pieces cardboard paper, but I fear that would be a fire hazard, no matter how thick the paper is. He also suggested sanding the spot where the heat tape will sit, hoping that would give a good surface for the tape to stick. I haven't tried either yet but if someone has any suggestions I am all ears (or should I say eyes since I am reading, not hearing).

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    sanding sounds like a good idea as it would add texture to the surface, something for tape and adhesives to stick to.

maybe hot glue work? my concern with hot glue is getting it down nice and even so that pulling open and closing the tubs would be smooth.

maybe u can try a few different things for each level of the rack and use the method that works best.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292