Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,278

3 members and 3,275 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Best place to buy racks?

Ive decided im going to start breeding my ball pythons. Between me and my "business partner" we have a total of 9 BPs and we have a male and a female that are definately breeder size this year (1000g male Mojave and 2000g female Savnnah) and right now we have them all housed in a bunch of 20 and 40 gal aquariums but when we get a clutch of eggs we will obviously need a rack so im looking for basically the cheapest way to acquire a "starter" rack for hatchlings. So far im thinking the cheapest way is going to be by building a DIY rack with a shelving unit from home depot, some tubs, flexwatt tape and wiring and probably a herpstat 1. Ive found a few places that sell racks for probably just slightly more expensive but they either dont have tubs included or dont have heat included or whatever so it makes shopping around kind of difficult for somebody trying to put together their first rack system and was curious what you guys think is the best way to go for a low budget 1st time hatchling rack. Ill probably upgrade to something a little nicer after the first clutch or 2 is sold but just looking for something to get me by for now to get me started. Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I've built all of my racks out of melamine. However, I would personally check out cserpents.com. I will be starting to make a switch to them in the future?.
    I've got quite a few...

Thanks
    Reptilebasics.com has some nice looking ones.

Thanks

Re: Best place to buy racks?

Thanks ill check both of those places out

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I loved my Boaphile racks... until I got a ARS Hybrid 7030(?). My Boaphiles will go to my quarantine room. I liked the ARS so much I got another one (hatchling rack) also the "hybrid" line. They take a long time to put together. They main reason I like them was the feed response of my snakes. The first week in them all my females ate (except one about to lay eggs). The adults have eaten better ever since.

The hatchling rack has been great as well with three snakes who wouldn't eat eating the first week I had them in there and every week since.