Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 984

3 members and 981 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,108
Threads: 248,548
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, charcharbinks
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

MorphMarket Launches Today

Fellow ball lovers, please allow me to share with you a new website dedicated exclusively to ball pythons: http://www.morphmarket.com

As a software developer who owns a dozen ball pythons myself, I have found the lack of modern tools available to us somewhat lacking. Therefore, I have created MorphMarket, a site completely customized for ball pythons. It empowers buyers with a powerful and mobile friendly system for locating specific morphs of interest. It also provides an unconventional approach to listing your BP's for sale. These two short videos explain, as well as this comparison to other sites.

MorphMarket also has a new mobile friendly morph calculator.

Today marks the "official launch" of the site by way of this announcement (though it has been quietly online for a while).

I hope you like it, and I want to emphasize that it is an ongoing project. This work wasn't outsourced or contracted -- it's been done by me. I will be listening to your requests and doing my best to add features to get it right. I would love to hear your thoughts and questions, and of course about any problems you experience. You can reach out on this thread or on Facebook and Twitter. If you have a question, you might check the FAQ first to see if it has been answered.

I want to give a special thanks to Matt "OWAL" for providing feedback and contributing his site's gene data. My gratitude also goes to JT @ OnTheBallPythons and other breeders for their input and encouragement.

Thanks for checking it out!

John

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jplehmann For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Aercadia (10-12-2015),Aerithya (10-30-2015),AllThatInThemGenes (10-15-2015),Arthrodira (10-12-2015),bubs327 (10-16-2015),C2tcardin (10-12-2015),CrazyPiston (10-14-2015),cristacake (10-15-2015),h00blah (10-14-2015),kriwu (10-12-2015),Megg (10-12-2015),nightwolfsnow (10-12-2015),nonniandtiti (07-26-2016),redshepherd (10-17-2015),ShaggyRS6 (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Just checked it out and registered. I like the layout and design very easy to use and I really like the calculator though when I typed Pastel Clown it said morph not found but then pulled up pastel clowns when I did a pairing to a clown and ran the tool.
    Cheers, Jeff

4. The Following User Says Thank You to C2tcardin For This Useful Post:

jplehmann (10-12-2015)

Thanks

Re: MorphMarket Launches Today

@C2tcardin: thanks! You're right, if you type in multiple genes at once rather than selecting them as you type (with tab or enter), it will give that faulty warning (since it will still work). I will fix this soon to give a more accurate warning on the result page instead if needed.

Thanks
    I love that website. I've been using it a lot for browsing. One thing I think would be cool is if on the page where it shows all of the morphs by name, you could click on each icon. Like the het, pos het, and visual.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yodawagon For This Useful Post:

Chkadii (10-12-2015),jplehmann (10-12-2015)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yodawagon View Post
    I love that website. I've been using it a lot for browsing. One thing I think would be cool is if on the page where it shows all of the morphs by name, you could click on each icon. Like the het, pos het, and visual.
    Guess I need to check this out when I get home tonight BUT a het and p/het are not going to look anything like a visual so you would just expect to see a normal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    Guess I need to check this out when I get home tonight BUT a het and p/het are not going to look anything like a visual so you would just expect to see a normal.
    I know visually they wouldn't look different, but when you deal with something like say the albino tab on North Market it has the visual and the hats mixed together. It be nice if on the page that you go to if you could pick hat or visual. When you get home today and check out the website and you click on browse it'll all make sense to you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yodawagon View Post
    @Yodawagon: Appreciate that, you were one of the earliest users!

I think what you're asking for is already possible. From the gene index, if you click on the gene name, you will get all animals with at least that gene, regardless. But if you click on one of the colored numbers instead (orange for het, see legend at bottom), it will perform a "trait search" and only return matches for that expression (such as het albino). Let me know if that's not what you're asking for.

Of course you can also just type "het albino" into the search box.

@pit: And yes, het albino result should all look normal. Although the results may have other genes in them as well in which case they would not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jplehmann View Post
    @C2tcardin: thanks! You're right, if you type in multiple genes at once rather than selecting them as you type (with tab or enter), it will give that faulty warning (since it will still work). I will fix this soon to give a more accurate warning on the result page instead if needed.
    Ah I see, I just went back and played with it and I get it now. You may just want to add a note that or tweak the notes there regarding selecting each gene so it populates the field then move on to the next gene. Just a suggestion.
    Cheers, Jeff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jplehmann View Post
    @Yodawagon: Appreciate that, you were one of the earliest users!

I think what you're asking for is already possible. From the gene index, if you click on the gene name, you will get all animals with at least that gene, regardless. But if you click on one of the colored numbers instead (orange for het, see legend at bottom), it will perform a "trait search" and only return matches for that expression (such as het albino). Let me know if that's not what you're asking for.

Of course you can also just type "het albino" into the search box.

@pit: And yes, het albino result should all look normal. Although the results may have other genes in them as well in which case they would not.
    The does appear to be the case. I'll have to remember that. I think I tried that once before but maybe it wasn't working or maybe I didn't touch it the right way on my tab screen or what but it's working now. I tend to bounce between morph market and king snake a lot. If nothing else for the eye candy

Thanks
    What about the Morse the don't fall into those categories that are already on the website.. Like trick or Arroyo and the like. Is there an other category.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast