Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,002

2 members and 2,000 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot

Thread: Bathe

Thanks

Bathe

Were both new here.. us and the snakes. So, my black pastel yellow belly happened to be lying in her own poop... whats the best way to go about cleaning her? thanks in advance

Thanks
    Hello! I'm new here too
    A lot of people are against bathing their snakes and others just never encountered an issue where they had to. However, bathing them can help remove stuck shed as well as help with shedding, kills mites and promote bowel movements. These are all positives howver do not bathe your snake too often as it can cause scale rot, respitory infection and bathing too often can actually cause problems with shedding. If you don't want to bathe your snake you can just use water and paper towels and some people suggest using unscented baby wipes. I've also read that room temperature water or even slightly cool water is the best. To be on the safe side, I would go with lukewarm/room temp. You should allow your snake to bathe for 10-15 minutes under complete supervision. Afterwards, dry off your snake thoroughly and if your snake didn't "use the bathroom" while bathing there is a good chance it will go shortly after so you may want to put your snake in a secondary container. Water level is also an important factor. Just like their water bowl you do not want the water to be too high.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No bath simply wipe the snake off with diluted Chlorhexidine.
    Deborah Stewart