Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,342

0 members and 3,342 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Yeah... I guess they're cute in a gollum-esque sort of way.. Just like hairless cats / dogs. I do think they start looking worse as they age when they get fatter and their skin gets older with more wrinkles, bumps, etc. I will be hanging onto at least 2 of them just out of curiosity's sake.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks

Re: Surprise! You have hairless rats!

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    Yeah... I guess they're cute in a gollum-esque sort of way.. Just like hairless cats / dogs. I do think they start looking worse as they age when they get fatter and their skin gets older with more wrinkles, bumps, etc. I will be hanging onto at least 2 of them just out of curiosity's sake.
    I agree, the younger ones do look better. They're cute in that "it's so ugly it's cute" sort of way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    So... I had my sexing off on the two litters I had. .out of 21 babies only 3 are males and the only one that is a male from the mother that I like (good temperament) is one of the hairless... So I guess I will be keeping at least one lol. Unfortunately, it is the ugliest one with the least hair (the one in the pic). :/
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

One of my hairless moms, by herself(that's a male with her- het hairless). Her litter seems to be thriving with just her feeding them.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Thanks for the pic! Apparently my sexing skills are worse than I thought. I ended up with 3.1 hairless, so I'm keeping 1.1 of them and going to do a test breeding when they are old enough to see if the female can produce milk and care for a litter. I still don't care for their looks much, but it would be good to know if this line of hairless can produce milk or not. Apparently no one within 2-3 hours of me wants hairless rats (there are loads of people looking for them in the northern part of my state, but not near me).. So the one male I don't keep for breeding will probably be euthanized and used as a feeder.

Your female has nice markings btw! I love blazes on rats.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    I have TWO black hairless right now. Unfortunately, they are part of the bin that chewed a hole in a bin so they're slated for death now. I might have to keep at least one as a pet in a tank though. I love the dark hairless.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Well since I found the thread again, time for an update. My male hairless Pinky is doing fine, but the young fuzzy female died for some reason. She was however keeping the fuzz, but I didn't get any pics. I should get more before too long though, about time in the cycle for that pairing to get repeated. Still need a friend for Pinky.
    Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thanks
    I found out just how bad I am at sexing. My hairless ratio ended up being 3.1 One of the males was very nippy, so got culled. That leaves me with 2.1 I'm still trying to choose my keeper between the two males. One has better pigment, but the other is a little larger and slightly less skittish... So far no health issues with either. I may try to breed the female to one of her siblings to see if she can produce milk.. I know this is a big issue with some hairless, but I'm hoping it wont be with this line.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    The hairless mom in my picture is still feeding her litter and the babies are fatter than some in other furred litters. I have fed a few of the babies off, because I needed pinks and she had them.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12