Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,259

0 members and 3,259 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks
    and unfortunately, Pandora's eyes are still weird. it's not retained eye caps, she had another perfect shed and they were in there. they're not so "dented" right now... it actually looks like both of her eyes are scratched. i don't really know how to describe it, but there's no dents. :?

could her eyes maybe be scratched from her substrate?? i use repti bark. could the scratches be from dehydration??

thanks
    1.1 bps- Apollo & Pandora ♥

Thanks

well, she shed...

Does she ever look like she's rubbing her eyes against something in the cage, or trying to get out all of the time? How long has her eyes been like this? Have you thought about talking to a vet to see what they think?
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts
    It's not from the substrate. The scale over the eye is really no different than any other scale on her body, hard and built to withstand a rough environment.

Her eye is "scratched" or dented from the eye ball (which needs to be moist) drawing in extra fluid from the scale over the eye. It can be very common in the winter when heaters are running hotter than the rest of the year and electic heat sources are making the air very dry (especially with over head heat). If I remember, you just switched right? Might take another shed to completely clear up. Do you have a humid hide for her? She might like it a lot.

In the end, if she's eating for you, it's nothing to worry about. After the winter months she will naturally shed it out.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlyne
    Does she ever look like she's rubbing her eyes against something in the cage, or trying to get out all of the time? How long has her eyes been like this? Have you thought about talking to a vet to see what they think?
    she doesnt look like she's rubbing her eyes, and she doesn't try to get out by rubbing... i've thought about talking to the vet, but the closet vet that does snakes is like an hour and a half away.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    In the end, if she's eating for you, it's nothing to worry about. After the winter months she will naturally shed it out.
    well, she's eating perfectly... lets hope you're right!!! it's not as bad as it was, so maybe by the next shed it will be gone... and yes, i did just recently switch from heating lamp to heater.
    1.1 bps- Apollo & Pandora ♥

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Smash
    well, she's eating perfectly... lets hope you're right!!! it's not as bad as it was, so maybe by the next shed it will be gone... and yes, i did just recently switch from heating lamp to heater.
    She'll be fine ... I've handled a ball python or two in my day :wink:

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty