Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,160

3 members and 3,157 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

T8 Setup Questions

Thanks for all the great info so far folks - Much appreciated.

Im working on setting up a viv to house a new bp and have pretty much decided on getting a T8 from Animal Plastics. The T8 thread is great and helped answer most of my questions but I have a few that are specific to what I have in mind.

1) The plan is to divide the cage initially and expand once the girl grows. No plans to house two snakes. With that being the case, should I still run the flexwatt under the center divide or would it make more sense to run it along one edge? My thought is that once the cage is undivided I won't want the flexwatt smack in the middle.

2) does anybody know the cost and dimensions of the Pro Products RHP (40 watt)? Plan is to install one 40 watt panel on each side - just trying to settle on which mfg.

3) For a house that is consistenly at 70f year round, will this be enough heat to maintain ideal temps in the viv?

4) Is there any other "customization" of the enclosure that you would recommend I request from AP?

Thanks in advance
    Jim

Thanks

Re: T8 Setup Questions

You'll have to get with pro products and tell them the cage size, ambient temps of the room, and they will set you up with the right panel. I believe mine cost around $90. I would run the flexwatt on the edge of one side if the cage. Honestly, with the eight sized heat panel and a good thermostat, you shouldn't need the flexwatt. I only have an RHP in both of my t8s and they work fine for a hot spot and ambient temps . You can ask them to make the slot for the flexwatt if you think know might need it eventually (they might come with it pre cut for the flexwatt I just can't remember). I would suggest getting the locks for the doors and the stand they sell if you don't have one already.