Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,228

0 members and 3,228 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

Re: Help identifying?? Was told a bumble bee but thinking a kind of spider?

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    Are you sure you are not seeing what you want to see? I mean look at these picture together there is a huge difference between them and one is actually your snake.. The honeybee pattern is washed almost gray. I think it would be hard for even the worst camera to turn the pattern black. I'm not seeing hypo in these pics at all. The bathroom picture color of looked like it, but obviously the warm white bulbs are distorting the color and the pattern is still pretty black. Hypo is short for hypomelanistic which is a reduction in black.
    Not saying I'm prefect at making ids but the pairing was het to het and the honey bee got lighter and lighter after ever shed and more purple orange with every shed.

My hypo when born.

My normal spider when born

Hypo

Normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post
    Not saying I'm prefect at making ids but the pairing was het to het and the honey bee got lighter and lighter after ever shed and more purple orange with every shed.

My hypo when born.

Hypo

Normal

This! But a little darker. I think she's 2 but my friend was wrong about what morph she is so I'm not 100% sure her age or how many times she's shed

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'm voting that your snake is just a nice light spider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gameonpython View Post
    I'm voting that your snake is just a nice light spider.

I think I could see that... She's def not an easy one. I'm hoping to find a "professional" to take her to!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to boots01 For This Useful Post:

locolobito (09-20-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post

My hypo when born.

Hypo

Normal

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the OP's animal - not yours.
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Alan For This Useful Post:

OhhWatALoser (09-20-2015),Solarsoldier001 (09-20-2015)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boots01 View Post
    I think I could see that... She's def not an easy one. I'm hoping to find a "professional" to take her to!

Yes, morphs can be very tricky, especially when you have no background information on them. I still am clueless as to what my supposedly pastel is! As far as finding a professional, I would ask multiple ball python breeders, or go to a reptile expo and ask around what people think she is. Everyone sees a snake a little differently, so it's best to get multiple opinions. Were you planning on breeding her? If not, I wouldn't worry too much on figuring out her morph. It can prove to be almost impossible in some cases. If you do plan on breeding, then you can figure out what she is depending on the babies she produces. Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about the OP's animal - not yours.
    Exactly, I was just using the picture to put the OP animal next to one that is obviously a honeybee.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

Solarsoldier001 (09-20-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I would say it's a light colored spider. Each morph has quite a bit of variation for the individuals.

The "het" is before the name, also, not after the name. To make sure it's clear for you, when you saw "Cinnamon Het Ghost", the "het" goes with the "Ghost" not with the "Cinnamon". So the het is before the trait, not after the trait? It's always "het ghost" or "het albino" when it's written out like that. BUT, when snake folks are talking, sometimes they refer to a snake carrying ghost or albino as a "het" so sometimes "het" is used as an adjective, and sometimes it's a noun.

Het ghost would also mean that the animal carries the ghost gene BUT looks normal. It doesn't show any sign of the ghost, because it just carries the trait and it's offspring might get that gene too. So that Cinnamon Het Ghost would look like a regular cinnamon.

It's a lot of fun when you're just learning about all these different morphs and pretty confusing too. The widgets on the websites that let you put in different animals to see what you could produce are a lot of fun. Breeding is a lot of work and money too though.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

Eric Alan (09-20-2015),Megg (09-20-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    I would say it's a light colored spider. Each morph has quite a bit of variation for the individuals.

The "het" is before the name, also, not after the name. To make sure it's clear for you, when you saw "Cinnamon Het Ghost", the "het" goes with the "Ghost" not with the "Cinnamon". So the het is before the trait, not after the trait? It's always "het ghost" or "het albino" when it's written out like that. BUT, when snake folks are talking, sometimes they refer to a snake carrying ghost or albino as a "het" so sometimes "het" is used as an adjective, and sometimes it's a noun.

Het ghost would also mean that the animal carries the ghost gene BUT looks normal. It doesn't show any sign of the ghost, because it just carries the trait and it's offspring might get that gene too. So that Cinnamon Het Ghost would look like a regular cinnamon.

It's a lot of fun when you're just learning about all these different morphs and pretty confusing too. The widgets on the websites that let you put in different animals to see what you could produce are a lot of fun. Breeding is a lot of work and money too though.
    I think that makes sense! I'll just need to read it like 70 times then read about 300 more articles on it lol genetics aren't my strong point.....

What does lesser mean? The male is SuppoSedly a cinnamon lesser.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    lesser is a morph, short for lesser platinum.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast