Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,311

1 members and 3,310 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Chili the Uromastyx

Hi guys, I haven't been on for quite some time because of technical issues, but it's finally working again! Anyways, Marshall is doing amazing but I've added another addition to the family, a red Saharan uromastyx. She's a small girl, but she's doing quite well settling in. She's got a very relaxed personality, but definitely lets me know if I'm bothering her! She doesn't eat a lot, and is very picky about her food. She has 4 things that she likes to eat, which includes petunias, dandelion greens, cilantro and bee pollen. She's very active during the day and has a good routine. Shockingly, she seems to like water. I gave her a bath in warm water because she was laying in her own waste, and she drank a bunch almost instantly. Then she proceeded to puff her belly up and stick her back legs out and she just kinda floated like that. After she fell asleep on me all wrapped up in a towel. She's really sweet, I've even made an Instagram account with her because she's so cute lol. You can follow her at chili.the.uromastyx . Here's a picture of her:
    If anyone can give me some advice on veggies I can feed her, that would be great. She does not like bell peppers, squash, sweet potato, green beans or carrots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    maybe try a dark leafy green like kale, collards, etc.? These are good for most plant-eating lizards, so I'd assume they would work for her too.

Very nice looking Uro.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Chili the Uromastyx

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    maybe try a dark leafy green like kale, collards, etc.? These are good for most plant-eating lizards, so I'd assume they would work for her too.

Very nice looking Uro.
    Thank you I've tried kale and collard greens and she's not a fan. I did find one more thing she likes, wheatgrass!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk