Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,255

1 members and 3,254 guests
Gio,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Checking everything is ok

Hi all, I just want some advice or reassuring that my setup is ideal.

I have recently purchased my second ball, she is about 1 year old and I got her 3 weeks ago.

She is always out of her hides except in the morning when I get up for work, when she is in her warm hide.

When she is out she is seldom still (although sometimes she is)

She hasn't eaten since we got her (she fed the day we got her however) and we have left her alone for most of the time so she can settle.

We have held her a few times (no more than 10 mins each time) other times she hisses so I leave her be. I have left her alone for about a full week now.

I am slightly concerned as my other ball hides all the time in her hide which I read is normal and she is a good feeder and has a lovely temperament.

I am just worried that she is not settling in well.

I have attached pics of her set up below.

Ps temp is ambient temp (neither hot or cold side) I know I need to get 2 thermometers and I will

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Checking everything is ok

In comparison here is my other set up for my other ball (she is hiding away as she is in shed although she hides most of the time anyway)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    what are u attempting to feed her - live or f/t? what was she feeding on before u got her?

her warm hide might be too hot warm for her to be in for long periods of time. i can't tell as u only have the ambient temp measured. how is your UTH regulated? what's the temp? also when she is out of her hides, is she roaming the enclosure or just in one spot?

i also think u need to block out 3 sides of her tub with paper or you need to put her tub in a dark corner or something.

keep us posted.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Re: Checking everything is ok

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    what are u attempting to feed her - live or f/t? what was she feeding on before u got her?

her warm hide might be too hot warm for her to be in for long periods of time. i can't tell as u only have the ambient temp measured. how is your UTH regulated? what's the temp? also when she is out of her hides, is she roaming the enclosure or just in one spot?

i also think u need to block out 3 sides of her tub with paper or you need to put her tub in a dark corner or something.

keep us posted.
    She was fed f/t so I am feeding her the same, the hot spot is set to 91.f (32.c).

She roams sometimes and stays still other times. Also her uth is controlled using a reptile thermostat

Last edited by themorganator4; 09-17-2015 at 05:03 PM.