Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,187

0 members and 3,187 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Abnormal Weight

Thanks

Abnormal Weight

So I've had my BP for about a year, I believe he was 4 months old when I got him. He didn't eat for the two months that he was at the pet store, and didn't eat for the first month I had him. I finally got him eating and due to extenuating circumstances, had to leave him with a friend for three months. The friend only got him to eat once in that time period. So since my baby BP didn't eat for essentially the first six months of his life, he's quite small. He is now happily eating every six-seven days, F/T rat fuzzies. He now weighs 120 grams. I'm curious...what should he weigh at just over a year? Do you guys think his growth is forever stunted? He's about two feet long and shedding about every six to eight weeks. Definitely growing now.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    There is no way to know. They all grow at different rates.
    I have a couple that are 400 to 500 grams and their siblings are 1400+.

Thanks

Re: Abnormal Weight

At just over a year my female was 900g. He is definitely a little small but all Bps grow at different rates. I don't think his growth will be stunted he might just be a little smaller then the normal adult BP. Are you sure he was 4 months when you bought him? I think he might be younger just based on his size but as I mentioned before all BPs grow at different rats. Good Luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang5 View Post
    At just over a year my female was 900g. He is definitely a little small but all Bps grow at different rates. I don't think his growth will be stunted he might just be a little smaller then the normal adult BP. Are you sure he was 4 months when you bought him? I think he might be younger just based on his size but as I mentioned before all BPs grow at different rats. Good Luck!
    Not sure, no. He had been at the store for two months before I bought him and they said their BPs get sent to them fairly young, generally around two months. That's just their guess.

Thanks

Based on the picture, you should bump up his humidity and give him a soak. He looks very dehydrated