Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,544

1 members and 3,543 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Registered User lawnchaircrisis's Avatar
    Thanks

Kahlua (my pretty mojo boy)

While he's not a super fancy morph or anything cool like that, I wanted to share a few pictures of my buddy, Kahlua, and maybe inspire others to rescue instead of buying.

A little over a year and a half ago I saw an ad on craigslist for a male mojave and female normal breeding ball python pair that a guy was trying to sell due to the fact he "didn't have time". I was intrigued and contacted him for more information, only to find out that this guy had bought a pair of young bps for breeding and then would leave town for 2-3 weeks at a time without feeding them. He said they were difficult eaters, and that the female had laid eggs once but that by the time he found them, they were all dried out. I ended up buying them from him sight unseen and when I went to pick them up they were so thin that their skin/scales were sagging off of their body in folds. It was heartbreaking. I started feeding them f/t rats, and they were ravenous! For the first 6 months it was like they couldn't get enough food.

[[/

While I ended up giving the female to a local ball python breeder because I didn't have enough space for her to have her own aquarium, I still have the male (supposedly mojave). He has been the greatest pet I could ever ask for. Since then he has grown to almost 2000g (I haven't weighed him in a few months) and moved across the country from Pennsylvania from Houston with me. He has never turned down a meal, and never struck at anyone, even when I let my little cousins hold him.

I had to give up my other 3 ball pythons (also rescues) in order to move here, but one day I dream of being able to afford a beautiful lovely lady mystic to breed to Kahula! Alas, I am in graduate school, so it might be a while...

Anyway, moral of the story - if you're just looking for a pet bp, rescuing might not be a bad way to go! Also, I just wanted an excuse to show off how pretty he is!

Last edited by lawnchaircrisis; 08-18-2015 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    1.0 Mojave "Kahlua"
    1.1 het VPI Axanthic "Martini & Mai Tai"

1.0 Great Dane dog "Kryptonite"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lawnchaircrisis For This Useful Post:

John1982 (08-18-2015),nightwolfsnow (08-18-2015),se7en (08-18-2015)

Thanks
    Great story behind the snake.
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Champagne (Orochimaru)
    0.1 Mojave Bumble Bee (Gwnyvere)
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Coral Glow (Jiraiya)
    0.1 Hypo (Kisame)
    0.1 Enchi Leopard 66% Het Pied (Matatabi)
    0.1 Black Head Red Gene (Kushina)
    0.1 GHI Mojave (Tsume)
    0.1 Piebald (Tsunade)
    0.1 Super Stripe (Temari)
    0.1 Albino Spinner (Kurenai)
    0.1 Vanilla Calibee (Ino)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    u are awesome for rescuing snakes. and Kahlua looks great. love the periscoping pix and his cheerios pattern.

I hope to get my little baby boy mojo to that size in a few years.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

lawnchaircrisis (08-23-2015)