Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,297

1 members and 3,296 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts

Re: Best frozen rodent delivery

Quote Originally Posted by bks2100 View Post
    I've only done one order so far from Perfect Prey but they're great. I mostly went with them because I live in the same state as them, so it's only like 18 bucks shipping and they're also just about the cheapest per rodent.
    I think most of the online sellers are close in price and quality for the feeders; it's the shipping that's the killer. Since I'm on the east coast I wouldn't order from a vendor across the country due to the expense, I'd find one that's closer.

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    I think most of the online sellers are close in price and quality for the feeders; it's the shipping that's the killer. Since I'm on the east coast I wouldn't order from a vendor across the country due to the expense, I'd find one that's closer.
    Big cheese is a flat rate to anywhere iirc. $29.99 per box is a really hard price to beat. Order enough to pack the box full and you get you money's worth.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardlicks View Post
    Big cheese is a flat rate to anywhere iirc. $29.99 per box is a really hard price to beat. Order enough to pack the box full and you get you money's worth.
    Yes I saw that and while that's not bad, I was quoted $24 to ship an order from Perfect Prey recently. Everything else being equal, you really have to go through each site's shopping cart and shipping charge to your address and look at the bottom line.

Thanks

I also use Big Cheese, and have been very happy with them.
    1.0 Purebred Python regius - "Percy"
    0.1 Lampropeltis getula holbrooki/splendida - "Olympias"

Thanks

I'm still kicking myself in the butt over my recent purchase from RodentPro.. They sent me fuzzy rats with freezer burn that were obviously frozen alive. Most were wet, all were stuck together and almost all of the top layer were covering their noses and screaming.. Not a good death.. Never again will I stray from www.RodentPlus.com. They have amazing customer service and I NEVER get limbless, freezer burnt pinkies.. Not to mention I can get my bugs shipped from there too, which is a huge deal for me.

Thanks
    I am revisiting this thread to see who I should try next, and I shared Laynelabs was great. I was looking for Big Cheeze and googling `frozen rats` they never came up. Are they really that popular or is there just a new interest on this forum? Typically a frequented site unless they have really bad Search engine optimization show up in the first if not second page. Also I noticed they have $29 shipping for a limited time. Are they new and trying to gain a following before raising the price?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carpet View Post
    I am revisiting this thread to see who I should try next, and I shared Laynelabs was great. I was looking for Big Cheeze and googling `frozen rats` they never came up. Are they really that popular or is there just a new interest on this forum? Typically a frequented site unless they have really bad Search engine optimization show up in the first if not second page. Also I noticed they have $29 shipping for a limited time. Are they new and trying to gain a following before raising the price?
    I've been using them for years and they've had the same great quality and prices the entire time. As far as their "limited time" flat rate shipping goes, I honestly don't remember the last time I ordered from them without the flat rate price. Marketing at its finest.

In terms of SEO, they are on the second page when you search "frozen rodents". Personally, if their SEO isn't as "O" as it could be, that just means more great quality feeders for me at a great price. If either of those two things (quality and/or price) changes significantly, I'll just look for another supplier; looking for good reviews and comparing prices online these days is the name of the game anyway.

Until then, I'm a very happy Big Cheese customer.
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Alan For This Useful Post:

carpet (12-29-2015)

Thanks
    So I got my shipment of Big Cheeze to compare with the Laynelabs order. I will give an honest review to follow, but can say I would recommend both companies the same and they both offer exceptional service in my experience.

Ok for the Big Cheeze review; The rats are packaged in a human food grade style, on foam "plates" shrink wrapped for one size and just shrink wrapped in rows for the other. Maybe fresher this way, but not as easy to access single food items initially, so I will likely open and repackage in zip-locks.

The shipping box was lined with construction rock wool insulation (compared to Laynelabs using foam box / foil insulation) and the dry ice in trash bag in direct contact with first row of mice, no insulation sheet as Laynelabs used. Not sure if that contact matters, if causing too cold a problem so I don't hold it as a problem unless someone has some input on this.

Regardless of who packs better, they came in good shape, still frozen completely and the sizes are exceptional.

As for finding Big Cheeze on the web, they do have some SEO issues that ding them is searches. I used to do that type of work so understand it very well. Maybe if they read this we can barter some feeders for Optimization of the site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123