Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,094

0 members and 2,094 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Snakes at Sunset Experiences?

Hey everyone,

I don't usually buy from large online reptile sites, but I recently heard some good reviews of animals from Snakes at Sunset. Looking to pick up a lizard and possibly another BCC. Online reviews are very polarized, either being amazing or bad. Just wanted to hear if any of you all had first hand info on them.

BPnet Senior Member Marissa@MKmorphs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 783 Posts
    Stay away! I've seen them multiple times at expos when I lived in Florida. Animals infested with mites, RI, ticks, skinny, lethargic, you name it. If you are still wanting to purchase from a flipper, I can at least let you know that having been to both Ben Siegel Reptiles and Underground Reptiles store fronts and dealing with them at shows, their animals are well maintained. That isn't to say you won't run into issues, but at least they care for the animals properly while they are in their care.

This most recent Daytona show, I even purchased something from Underground, but I heavily quarantined for double the length of time I normally quarantine for.
    ~Marissa~

Thanks
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I am also considering Underground as well. I actually visited their store in Deerfield. I know that I left a bad review of them on here a while ago, after seeing a sick snake in their store, but I have heard some positive reviews about their tegus and other monitors.

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

Re: Snakes at Sunset Experiences?

I do lots of business with Snakes at Sunset and can say his shop and love for reptiles is top notch. His Storefront is growing and thriving. You don't do that when your animals are not well taken care of.
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    SAS is local to me and although I don't shop there because I really only keep ball pythons and I have plenty of breeder friends. I will say that I do like their store and have never noticed anything wrong there. Mike (the owner) is a cool guy and knows his stuff. If I was shopping for an Iguana, Caiman Lizard, or turtle I would go to Mike directly, but I like his store.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

Thanks
    Thanks guys! See this is what really confuses me. Some people say they are great, some to run away.

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    The problem is that they are pet stores... So 99% of what they sell is not their own. And many times, especially for shows, they will literally get the animal days before the show to sell at the show. Some are against this and others are OK with this. Personally I like to go directly to the breeder but if it's an animal that isn't usually bred in the states sometimes you have to go through someone like SAS, Underground or BSR. Like I mentioned, I want to get into Caiman Lizards and the only guy I'd go to for that is Mike even though he isn't producing them himself yet.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSloane View Post
    Thanks guys! See this is what really confuses me. Some people say they are great, some to run away.

I think you will find that with a lot of the larger sellers because it all depends on the individuals experience. If I were to have a bad experience I would never go back so my opinion would always be a negative one, vs happy customers end up returning over and over.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks
    True. I'm a sucker for reviews. But I know people who are either really really happy or just angry make reviews. I'm looking for a savvy, and it seems that I'm only seeing them sold by the big store dealers.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSloane View Post
    True. I'm a sucker for reviews. But I know people who are either really really happy or just angry make reviews. I'm looking for a savvy, and it seems that I'm only seeing them sold by the big store dealers.
    I discount negative reviews if no detail is included.

You could always call the place up and ask to speak to the general manager about the reported problems. You might be able to negotiate a better return agreement if the purchase doesn't meet your requirements. The mgr. might also complete the order for you, and select the very best example they have of what it is you want.
    Last edited by distaff; 07-20-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast