Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,177

0 members and 3,177 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    I started a thread looking for someone in Denver who is a USARK member and it was deleted, and I got a warning from mods. I don't get it.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: What's the latest on shipping retics?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSloane View Post
    I started a thread looking for someone in Denver who is a USARK member and it was deleted, and I got a warning from mods. I don't get it.
    Let me enlighten you.

Your post has now been DELETED and a ZERO point warning was issued to remind you that advertising which includes offering or looking for animals and/or goods, animal services, soliciting donations etc IS NOT ALLOWED on the main forum.
    YOU were soliciting a service which is a VIOLATION of our TOS

Now in addition this little public complaint was not the place, if you had an issue with the ZERO point warning (yes sorry YOU are not above our TOS) you should have used the proper channels.

Finally consider yourself lucky this was a ZERO point warning and since you posted 2 threads within minutes I could have issued a warning followed by an infraction however I did not.
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Marissa@MKmorphs (07-13-2015)

Thanks
    Woah. I sent you a PM as well. I didn't intentionally violate. I thought this would be considered a friendly favor by someone in the area. If it were a service wouldn't there be some kind of compensation involved? I was acting off of a recommendation by other members on here.

I never intimated that I was above TOS, and I don't think it's necessary for you to use angry, belittling or condescending rhetoric.

Your initial PM notifying me of the infraction was very vague. I asked about my violation in this thread to gain clarification, not fight it.

Once again I apologize.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JoshSloane For This Useful Post:

CoryHEO (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts

Thanks for the info. So can I donate 20$ now and qualify to ship a retic?
    No, the court stated that the injunction only applies to members in good standing as of 4/8/15.

Thanks
    You can indeed ship retics and anacondas right now if you are a current member of USARK, as of the date of the injunction. It isn't clear who or what enforcement is being done.

Thanks
    Still confused. Does the actual USARK member have to physically be there to drop off the animal, or can it be shipped in their name?

Also, I find it incredibly hard to believe that with millions of packages being shipped in the US every day, that there is even a remote chance that this could be enforced. Does anyone truly believe that USFWS is actually spending man power sending agents across the US to shipping facilities to open packages marked as reptiles to check for retics? And then check the name against a USARK database? Hhaha come on.

Terrorists whose names are on watch lists come into this country every day without issue. Thousands of illegals come up from the southern border daily. What a joke. Vote republican is all I can say.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also, I find it incredibly hard to believe that with millions of packages being shipped in the US every day, that there is even a remote chance that this could be enforced. Does anyone truly believe that USFWS is actually spending man power sending agents across the US to shipping facilities to open packages marked as reptiles to check for retics? And then check the name against a USARK database? Hhaha come on.
    Enforced or not those are the rules and RESPONSIBLE owners, breeders should abide by them whether those rules are absurd or not.

Obviously RESPONSIBLE people who care about this hobby and who support it by being USARK members do not have to worry about this.

And yes UFWS does inspection, I had several which is why proper labeling is also VERY important.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 07-13-2015 at 02:57 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

frostysBP (07-13-2015),Marissa@MKmorphs (07-13-2015)

Banned
    Thanks

Chance are they are not but say they were to catch you shipping it looks bad on us and not to mention the buyer that dosent get the snake. All around bad idea not to mention they can have people watching fourms just like this one.

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to frostysBP For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (07-13-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Enforced or not those are the rules and RESPONSIBLE owners, breeders should abide by them whether those rules are absurd or not.

Obviously RESPONSIBLE people who care about this hobby and who support it by being USARK members do not have to worry about this.

And yes UFWS does inspection, I had several!
    Can you please stop picking me out of a crowd to harp on? I am not sure how or when I pissed you off. It seems arbitrary and capricious how you come down on me. Are you not held to the standards that you enforce? You are CONSTANTLY belittling and mildly insulting to me and others on here. I know its your persona to be a 'snarky moderatrix' but to honest it just comes off like you are an angry, mean person. One who utilizes her tiny fiefdom of power to satisfy some sick megalomaniacal psychosis.

I am a very responsible member of the reptile community. I spend countless hours of my time trying to provide helpful and supportive information on this site.

Banned
    Thanks

Still confused. Does the actual USARK member have to physically be there to drop off the animal, or can it be shipped in their name?

She didn't randomly pick you out of the fourm you are the only one who keeps bringing up the subject when you know what the rules are. You are putting up I go that anyone can see...including who we are fighting this battle against...... Kinda like me asking you to mail me a few pounds of the best WEED you got in denver

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to frostysBP For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (07-16-2015)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast